+19: Shrink - Adam Ant

Request from @KelsaFord

Okay, so, there a few issues and mental health things mentioned here. None of them are really shown, though... If that makes sense.

Anyway: I'm not an expert so if you see something I've got something wrong, let me know.

-

"Good morning, mister, how are you?"

As always, Sherlock giggles as he and the nameless eight year old crossed paths. Sherlock knew he was eight because last week the short, black-haired boy had a badge on that said '8 today' in writing that lit up and flashed.

Every Wednesday Sherlock crossed paths with the boy. As the boy came out of the door marked 'Dr. B. Miller', Sherlock entered it. And each time, the boy repeated the words that Doctor Miller always said first. The mister was only there to make Sherlock feel grown up, even though he was only nine.

The words always made Sherlock laugh. But John said that the boy was trouble and that Sherlock should stay away. John always said that Sherlock didn't know why the boy with black hair was here which always made Sherlock remind John that Sherlock was here because of him, because Sherlock has a condition with a name he can't pronounce. Skit-so-somthing. That always shut John up.

After Sherlock giggles and the black haired boy disappears around the corner, holding the hand of some older black haired woman, Sherlock and John have their usual tiff before Sherlock enters Doctor Miller's office.

Once he's in there, he gets asked all the usual questions.

"Have you taken your medication?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because the pills make John leave and I don't want John to go away"

"Is John here?"

"Yes"

"What is he doing?"

"Sitting on the floor, near my feet, and waiting for the session to be over"

"Sherlock, you understand John isn't real, yes?"

"Yes"

"Doesn't that scare you?"

"No"

"Do you understand why you come here?"

"I have a mental disorder. I see John, who isn't real, and according to you I have a split personality. I'm 'not living in reality'"

Then, Doctor Miller will talk to Sherlock about how Sherlock feels the last week has been and try to convince him to take his pills. He never shouts or sounds bored. He always looks concerned and tries his best to be helpful. If Sherlock turns to speak to John then Doctor Miller will sit and wait, despite not seeing John.

At the end of each session, Sherlock gets asked the same question: "Are you going to take your medication?"

His answer is always the same. "No"

Sherlock's life goes the same way for the next three years.

Every Wednesday, he goes to the therapist where he gets asked the same questions as always, which he always gives the same answers to and on the way to see Doctor Miller, Sherlock always has the same conversation with the black haired boy (if saying a few words counted as a conversation).

*

"So, Sherlock, your mother told me it's your birthday today. Happy Birthday. You're thirteen, yes?" Doctor Miller asks with a gentle smile on his face.