6. Within You - David Bowie

-

You know when you watch a TV show that you love, like really love, but then something happens and you just do not want that thing to happen. It's the last thing you want to happen and you even shout things like 'it's not supposed to be that way!' at the TV.

Well, that was how Jim Moriarty was feeling right now.

He wanted to stride into Baker Street and scream that Sherlock was not allowed to do this. It wasn't right. Wasn't how things were meant to be.

Jim had given everything up for Sherlock. Everything.

Everything he did, he did for Sherlock. His precious Sherlock.

James Moriarty moves the stars for no one. Yet he gave everything up for his beautiful detective and this is how he's repaid.

He was suddenly expected to live without Sherlock's warmth as his sunlight and was expected to love with Sherlock's heart in his hands.

It wasn't his anymore.

He knew that he could be cruel. Sherlock's eyes were crueler.

Now, Jim is stood outside Baker Street, wondering what it was all for if this was the end result. He was back, for God's sake! Sherlock was meant to be focused on him but he's seemed to write him off and replace him with this new toy of his.

The man on Sherlock's arm, in Sherlock's bed, is nearly ten years younger than Sherlock himself. He was some young thing that didn't even understand life yet. He had barely recovered from puberty. He had nothing on James Moriarty and yet he had Sherlock.

It wasn't fair.

Jim deserved to be in that position. He'd done everything to keep Sherlock entertained, from the very start. He gave the man something new and exciting. He'd given him puzzles to dance to. He'd even took two years off and let Sherlock destroy his whole web.

Jim knew that Sherlock had known he wasn't dead. He knew the whole time he'd been running around breaking the web.

He was always more interested in getting home. Not in playing with Jim some more.

It hurt, if Jim was being honest.

Without allowing himself another thought, Jim enters the flat before him and heads start up the stairs.

He enters the flat, ready to give a dramatic drawn out greeting but no one was in the living room. He looks around without moving from the threshold and his eyes quickly find the blazer laying on the floor, as if it had been removed as someone stumbled into the kitchen.

Jim makes a move towards it but freezes, hearing bedsprings.

Without a word, Jim rushes out of the flat.

Sherlock wasn't his. He never was and never would be.

Despite the facts, Jim couldn't bring himself to accept it.