+1: West Coast - Lana Del Rey [REQUEST]

Dedicated to @CountVonSquah as it was his request.

-

Going undercover was always a bit of a pain. It was moments like these when Sherlock truly understood what his older brother meant when he grumbled about legwork.

At least the beach was empty at night. It got him away from the rowdy crowds in town. Plus it was gorgeous, just an added bonus.

He'd never had much interest in space and the universe but Sherlock had to admit that the stars and moon looked exceptionally beautiful on this clear night.

With a small sigh Sherlock raises a bottle to his lips, taking a small sip. The bottle had been a gift from an admirer at the club where 'Shezza' was currently working. Sherlock didn't much care for where it came from.

Whoever it was had good taste and that was all he cared about right now.

He remembered saying that he was waiting for a case where he could put his dancing skills to use. He was biting his tongue now.

Placing the bottle down on the sand, Sherlock stretched his legs out before him.

"Having fun, darling?" A voice, a familiar voice, asked from behind him.

There's a sound of a match being struck and then a burst of orange flame reveals the face of James Moriarty.

Sherlock just hums, not paying much attention to the man behind him.

The bottle is once again picked up, but not by Sherlock, as James sits down, taking a long drag on his cigarette. Sherlock's hands itched to reach out and take the item from between Jim's lips.

Quickly reminding himself that he was quitting - no, had quit, Sherlock looked down at his feet.

"What do you want? I'm working" Sherlock breaks the silence that had formed.

"I've been watching you" James replies, slowly letting out the smoke.

Sherlock's eyes follow the trail of white smoke as it mingled with the night air.

"You always are watching me" He says, eventually, when all the smoke had disappeared.

"No" Jim shakes his head, handing Sherlock the bottle. "I've been watching you, Sherlock"

Ah. Well.

Sherlock looks down again, at the bottle in his hands this time. He wasn't sure whether to be ashamed that the man he, if he was being honest, respected the most out of the others on this planet had seen him dance for a group of horny men and women or not..

Exotic dancing certainly wasn't on Sherlock's bucket list.

In the end, Sherlock just hums in acknowledgement as a reply.

It's silent for a long time, both men admiring the way the light of the moon shimmered on the water's surface. It made the sand and water it hit glow, just adding to the tranquil feel the deserted beach had.

"Do you like to swim, Sherlock?" Jim asks, gently putting out his cigarette in the sand before sliding the butt into his pocket - even he didn't want to ruin the clean white sand by leaving cigarettes there.

"I suppose" Sherlock shrugs before looking to man to his side. "Why?"

Jim nods towards the sea. "Let's swim"

There's a pause as Sherlock purses his lips in thought, debating.

"Why?" He repeats, eventually.