5. Five Years Time - Noah and The Whale

-

Never did Sherlock think he'd be this hot. He was almost sure that he was close to boiling. He just hoped he wasn't sweating as much as he felt he was.

The towel beneath him was soft and warm, the sand beneath his hand silky as he let it fall behind his fingers.

He had a pair of sunglasses on and only wore a pair of black swimming trunks. Despite the weather, Sherlock had managed to find a secluded part of the beach for him to absorb the sun with a smile.

The case was over much faster than he expected and now he had time to kill. So naturally, being in Hawaii, he was taking advantage of the gorgeous weather.

A headphone hung from one of his ears, playing soft instrumentals as he sun bathed.

He was supporting himself on his elbows, enjoying the sight of the ocean while laying there. He felt it just as well that John hadn't been able to take the time off at the surgery. He didn't want anything to disrupt this tranquil setting.

The silence was as lovely as the sun.

Everything was perfect and Sherlock was almost tempted to catch a few hours of sleep while on the beach.

Much to his dismay, he soon heard footsteps approaching.

Sherlock pulls out his headphone and turns his head to glare at whoever was there but his harsh expression soon drops and for the first time in a long long while, he's speechless.

Heading towards him, clad in a pair of swimming trunks that changed from light blue at the top to dark blue at the bottom, was a smirking James Moriarty. He didn't have a small tummy like Sherlock had expected and actually had a forming six pack, the muscles faint but there.

His hair wasn't slicked back by gel but by water where he'd been swimming. His whole body glistened with water droplets, in fact.

Sherlock's jaw had dropped, his eyes roaming all over the man he'd always thought of as nothing more than someone on par with his intelligence.

Sherlock had never thought much of the man's looks past that time he'd deduced him as gay. Now, only one word ran through Sherlock mind.

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

Beautiful.

Sherlock swallows thickly as the criminal sits beside him, still smirking.

"You were quick this time. Even you didn't think it'd take just a day. You've booked the hotel for a whole week"

"So, it was you" Sherlock smiles, back to admiring the man for his intelligence.

Jim hums. "Oh, yes. But don't play coy, darling, you knew it was"

"I did" Sherlock agrees, looking back out to the ocean.

They sit in silence for some time, comfortable. Then Sherlock feels a hand tracing up his arm, making patterns on his skin. Sherlock flinches at the first touch but doesn't react after, barely sparing the other man a glance.

The hand travels up, now closer to Sherlock's shoulder. Jim moves closer and Sherlock can feel the dampness of the other's skin against his own.

He can't help himself, he turns his head to look at Jim. He freezes, Jim was looking straight at him and now his eyes seemed stuck on the others.

"You're rather beautiful, Sherly" Jim smirks.

Sherlock can't help but laugh. Of course he'd use the same adjective as Sherlock had to describe him.

Jim. raises an eyebrow, "Say something funny, did I?"

"You did" Sherlock nods.

A few moment later they both look out towards the horizon. Jim's finger is still tracing patterns on Sherlock arm as he sits a little bit behind Sherlock, his chest so close to Sherlock arm that Sherlock could still feel the damp from his swim.

Nearly twenty minutes later, Jim speaks up again, his words seeming as out of place and random as they always do.

"I don't know what the fuck true love even is" There a pause. "But I do want to hang out with you.. for basically the rest of my life"

Saying Sherlock felt perplexed or confounded sounded like he was trying to hard. He was shocked, to put it bluntly.

He didn't really understand what Jim was trying to say. Well, he did. He just didn't believe it.

Then the hand on his arm gave a squeeze and he relaxes completely, accepting it all. Every word.

"You'd make an adequate partner" Sherlock comments.

They glance at each other before bursting into a fit of giggles.