Dead Man's Squall

Season 8, episode 5.

Words: 3,5K (wow)

I have an important announcement at the end of this chapter. Don't worry, it's a good one.

Cole and Y/n were running. They needed to get out of there as fast as possible. Cole held the baby as Y/n was trying to reach the others with the intercom.

"Have you reached them?" He asked, making her shake her head.

"Not yet," She sighed.

"Sis!" Jay's loud voice suddenly was heard in her ear.

"Nevermind. Got them." They stopped running.

"Hey, Jay, where are you guys?" She asked.

"We're somewhere near... what?" Jay asked, probably meant for someone else. "We'll wait for you two at... wherever you are. Just stay where you are, we'll be there in a minute."

Y/n shrugged, "Alright."

A few minutes later they reached the two, and they started to climb onto the bounty. When they reached the deck, the first thing they heard was a scream from Jay.

"Is that.. a baby!?" He exclaimed, suprised.

Cole looked at the baby in his arms and then back to Jay, "Yep."

"IS THAT YOUR BABY? WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY BABY SISTER? AM I AN UNCLE? HOW WERE YOU ABLE TO HIDE IT FOR NINE MONTHS? IS THAT WHY YOU TWO WERE GONE SO LONG? DID YOU TWO... YOU KNOW? WE'RE WAY TO YOUNG TO BE HAVING KIDS ALREADY, WE'RE STILL TEENAGERS. WHAT'S IT'S NAME? HOW DID YOU-"

Jay got cut off by Nya's hand on his mouth, "please, stop talking. You're freaking out."

"BUT-" Jay motioned to Y/n, then Cole and lastly the baby.

Y/n chuckled, "this is not 'our' baby, bro." She said.

"Whose is it then?" Jay asked, confused.

"We don't know. We found him. They say it is the 'key' to the third mask." Cole explained, making the Blue Ninja 'ooh.'

The Bounty was approaching the place where the last signal of Zane brought them. Kai was searching with a bright light, as the others were just looking around. Kai found the Nindroid. Zane looked dead, he wasn't moving or breathing. The Ninja, except Kai used ropes to get down. 

"Zane! Zane, can you hear me?" Lloyd asked, running towards the unconscious Nindroid.

"What did they do to him?" Nya said, concerned.

"Say something, Zane. Can you hear us? Zane?" Jay questioned. But as they got no reply, the concern grew.

"Pixal, lower the gurney. Zane's in bad shape." Y/n instructed. 

"Hang on, buddy. Hang on." Lloyd whispered, as Jay and Cole brought the gurney to them. They put Zane on it and hook him to the Bounty.

"Okay. Winch him up, Pix."

"How bad is it?" Lloyd asked, after Zane got connected to wires.

"He has extensive damage to all systems. His neural net and cognitive cores suffered severe failures." Pixal informed.

"Can you save him?" Nya questioned.

"I've diverted power to critical life functions, but Zane will have to do most of the work. He must reconfigure his system and reboot himself."

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Y/n asked.

"We have to keep moving or the Sons of Garmadon will find us. They'll do anything to get their hands on the child." Lloyd said, sighing.