Peek-a-boo

Season 5, episode 5.

Words: 3,2K

Meme credits go to; FennecFax .

Kai grunted as he tried to reach the flag of the bounty, doing Airjitzu.

Ronin was laying down next to the flag. "Aww, just short. Like your temper, Kai." He taunted, as Kai tried again.

"Let me try. I'm for sure better Airjitzuer than you, Kai." Jay smirked at the fire ninja.

"Oh, yeah? And when did that happen?" Kai asked, folding his arms.

"Like, now!" Jay does Airjitzu, but misses the flag and screams as he falls.

"Oh, yeah. That was so much better than me." Kai sarcastically replied.

"It...it was." Jay sighed.

"That wasn't Airjitzu, that was Failitzu." Ronin laughed.

"Or Stupiditzu." Kai added, laughing as well.

"To master the powers of Airjitzu, we must uplift, not put each other down, Ronin." Sensei Wu tilted his head, looking at the thief laying next to the flag.

Ronin took a bite of his apple, "You close shop for a week, you gotta let me have some fun. Aren't nindroids supposed to be precise?"

Kai sighs, "These new suits are heavy. Why can't we just use our old ones?" 

"These are embedded with Deepstone. They will protect you from being possessed."

"Yeah, well, maybe the name "Airjitzu" isn't uplifting enough. Maybe we need something more inspiring, like...Cyclondo!" Jay did 'cyclondo' and flies above the flag.

"Miss. Again." Ronin laughed, as Jay takes his apple. "Hey!"

Jay laughs as he lands, "Cyclondo." He takes a bite of the apple, "Mm."

"Hey, Cole" Y/n softly said, standing in his doorway.

"Y/n." He said, his eyes lit up when he saw her. "Aren't you supposed to learn Airjitzu with the others?"

She shrugged, "I can already do Airjitzu."

"Oh."

"I just came to tell you; If you ever need someone to talk to, just come to me, okay? I'll be there for you." She walked to him, while he sat on his bed.

He smiled sadly at her, his head hanging. She sat down next to him and embraced him again. He felt his cheeks head up at her touch.

"Cake boi." She muttered after a while.

"What?" He turned his head, looking at her.

"Cake boi. It's my nickname for you." She smiled, cheeks a bit flushed.

"Tell her, Cole. Tell her." He said to himself in his head. "This is the right moment."

"(N/n)." He slightly smiled at her, "(N/n), can I tell you something?"

"Misako's about to debrief us about the next clue." Kai's head popped up behind the door. 

"We'll be there in a moment." She replied, smiling. Kai walked away, feeling slightly jealous. "What did you wanna say?" 

"Uhh, nevermind." He muttered.

"Now that both Morro and you have Airjitzu, it's time to turn our attention to the second clue, the Sword in the Cloud." Misako explained, as she showed a picture of the second clue.