Chapter 8

When I went to sleep that night it was no longer in my cell, but at the 10th level.

Zeke wouldn't take his eyes off of me. Everywhere I went he followed. Every movement I made he mirrored.

I knew he was worried about everyone knowing about me, but Im still not sure what for. He could easily beat all of them in any match, as the former, and still rightful Alpha King, that makes him the man to beat.

And I still couldn't figure out Bellamy's game.

"Zeke." I cut the silence with my sharp tone. "What was Bellamy talking about earlier- when he said I was half human?"

Zeke paused sitting down in front of me.

"Amalia." He sighed cupping my face. "Bellamy has been convinced that I'm the Alpha in those legends since I shifted into a second wolf. Heres the thing though, why would you still have even half a werewolf inside of you if I already have two wolves? It doesn't make any sense."

I thought about it and he's right, but then again its never been heard of that someone has a wolf and a lycan.

After I found out Bellamy was Zeke's brother, the world seemed to make so much more sense. His weird personality change freaked me out at first, but once he suspected that I may technically be his Luna he would obviously start being nice to me. If not because he genuinely liked me, but then for the sake of his brother at least.

"Your right, but also I can see why he could be confused it's unheard of for this to happen... Besides in the legend she gives him her wolf, and I never did that willingly as the stories imply." I say deep in thought. "Bellamy seems reckless, Zeke."

"Bellamy is so young I don't know what to do with him sometimes, amor." Zeke sighed. "I'm trying to train him, but when I'm chained up here and we can't communicate it's hard. Our parents died before he could learn the basics of how to be a Beta."

"I think once he learns to control himself he would be a great Gamma. The role suits him." 

Zeke looks at me with a certain spark in his eye after I say that. "You are amazing." He says simply. "A perfect Luna."

I blush and lean into him from where I'm sitting, he looks down at me and pulls me in closer.

"We will figure this out. I promise." He pauses reading my face. "I still have loyal members of my pack waiting for me to return, and I won't let my mate live in a prison. You are a Queen. I know what the legends say, so maybe this is bad, and I don't say it lightly, but I would destroy the world for you and my people."

I gulped not really knowing what to say in response to that.

****

What do we do now?

****

VALKO-ZEKE'S POINT OF VIEW

Bellamy looked at me with a wide grin.

"How are you and Amalia?" He chipped.

"Bellamy." I barked.

His smile fell.

"Do you realize where we are? The situation that we are in? Amalia and I are doing just as good as you could expect. I wish I could have met my mate under normal circumstances; to get to know her, and court her, and show her off to my pack... but we are in a prison. A prison where any one of these people could kill her."

"Zeke... I-" He begun.

"And Revealing that she could be half human as well as my mate!" I cut him off. As bad as I feel about the hurt look on his face, I know he needs tough love in order to understand the severity of the situation. "She is young- and so are you- but she is younger, she less trained, and I have to protect her. If any of them were to take her, they would have complete control over me, and now they know that."

"Zeke, I'm sorry. As soon as I realized it I just blurted it out, I- I would never intentionally jeopardize-"

"I'm not angry, Bellamy. Just use your head."

**
After talking with Bellamy I climbed up the bars to the tenth floor where Amalia was asleep. She was like a sleeping beauty.

Just looking at her made my canines feel sharper, I want to mark her so badly, but I don't want to do it in this prison. I want to mark her somewhere beautiful, somewhere we will always remember. Somewhere in the woods.

"Sweetheart." I whisper shaking her awake. She grumbles and snuggles into her blanket further. "Babygirl." I say again.