Chapter 2

I squint my eyes in an attempt to see my surroundings, but no cigar. The darkness is unsettling. A loud silence fell over the prison as the door locked behind me. I think I heard a pin drop. I jump when the first voice whispers, "I don't think she should be treated like the other new bees! She's a girl!"

"Girl or not she's new. We're not sexist, are we? If you do that then you think girls are weak." The other one argued, "If she's weak then why'd she be here?"

"She fights or she dies."

"Enough," I say addressing them while my eyes adjust to the lack of light, " Whose to say you three get to decide what happens to me?"

"Everyone." The one in the middle who argued my death claims.

I quirk an eyebrow, "I don't see anyone.''

"No one's ever interrupted our decision before. Do you know who we are?"

"Don't know, don't care." I muse looking around at the walls. Everything is made of some type of cold metal. There are walls going up for what seems like 10 stories most of which get darker as you go up.

"What's up there?" I ask gripping the bars and climbing up to the next floor so they can't reach me. As you can tell I decided to play off the whole 'I'm tough' thing the guard had going for me. Hopefuly no one calls my bluff because then I'm screwed.

"Go up there I guarantee you'll die." One smirks at me.

I grin and climb a few floors higher and then jump over onto the other side of the third floor. I see a few cells, the doors hanging ajar, a few of them are full of men sleeping. I turn around unamused and climb up to the next one.

"Come down from there, girl! It's a mistake. He is at the top. If he hears you then you will die."

After hearing that I decide to stop at the seventh and then come back down. Thankfully he told me that before I reached the tenth.

"Wow! I thought you were a goner when you reached the sixth! That's a new record! The shorter one on the left grinned excitedly.

I pale at the information. My ignorance almost just got me killed. I need to be more careful. I'm not usually quite that brave.

"Well, I say we throw her out there." The one in the middle decides, "See how she does with a little roughhousing and let her be. I don't think the boys will give her too much crap. They'll want her to like em."

"Where?" I ask him confused. "And I will like no boy."

"We'll see," the other grins holding his dirtied hand out for me to shake, "The names Dusty. I vote we let her out too, maybe help her give the boys a scare."

I take his grimy hand with my cleaner one, "Amalia Vixen."

"Well, Amalie," the one to Dusty's right added (whose name I found out was Jack), "You might be the most interesting thing that's happened around here for a while."

I smile, but it wavers and my gaze falls down to the floor. Looking around behind them I saw a faint light in the distance.

"What's out there?"

"Everyone."

...

"Amalia Vixen!" Jack put my hand in the air as the light from outside blinded me. Curious men gathered around into a circle, pushing and shoving themselves until they broke out into senseless shouts and chaos. Dusty cleared his throat, but none of them paid him mind. Soon the fight broke out between many, but Jack, Dusty, and the other one shielded me from their violence.

"Yo shut up!" Jack called loudly in my ear to which I growled, but it seemed to get the attention of most of the crowd.

"Amalia Vixen," Jack repeated peeking their interest, "Seventh Floor."

The men erupted into cheers, but a specific few kept a straight face. "So when's she gonna fight? With who?" A tall, brunette boomed. The crowd silenced looking at Jack expectantly.

Dusty sighs from beside us, "We decided... she is not fighting."

A chorus of angry and confused murmurs spread throughout the crowd.

"We had to fight!" The brunette Yelled again moving closer to me, "She got here the same way we did! Why is she any different?"

"Shut up Bellamy," Jack said moving in between us, "She doesn't fight. If you want that to change then you can try fighting me again for the position at the top."

Bellamy growled but Jack growled louder, more demanding and the wolves bowed their heads at him. Naturally, the wolves have formed a makeshift pack. I see that it is Jack who acts as the Alpha, but I don't submit. I was a second Lady and he has no power over me because of that.

"This isn't over." Bellamy growls, and storms out of the clearing.

I frown at where he was standing but am quickly snapped out of it when Jack takes a hold of my hand and guides me away from their prying eyes.

"You can stay here, why don't you get some rest, Amelia." He whispers stopping at one of the more concealed cells.

Shutting the metal bars helps me feel safer. They manually lock from the inside to provide me with some security, but I know most of these men could break them if they really wanted to. I take note of the area. The bed is already equipped with clean sheets and a pillow so I guess I didn't actually need the blanket I brought. I take the sheets off the bed and shake them out, just in case, and clip them on the bars of the cell to provide more privacy. My plan doesn't work quite as I imagine it to, but no one can see inside so it will do. On the other side of the room there is a toilet, sink, and mirror. None of them seem to need adjusting so I pull of my fluffy cream blanket and face mask out of my bag and snuggle onto the cold bed. I think Ill made the most out of my stay here.