Unsent Facebook Message

I never truly understood love.
I never got why girls would whisper to each other about who they thought were cute, each nudging the other to go up, with hands behind backs and bush that would put the sunset to shame and ask their crush out.

I never truly understood love.
I never got how my mom would sit down and watch cheesy Hallmark movies. How she would marathon them, one after another, yet turns around and asks us how we could binge watch TV shows. Saying something around how she would get bored after the fifth episode.

I never truly understood
how people said watching someone sleep is creepy because when I watched my grade six best friend sleep in the early morning, when I was too scared to wake her up. It felt like the whole world melted away and how this was the most safest place on the plant. How it felt like home.

I never truly understood
the sinking feeling, like my stomach was empty and I just swallowed a pit and I could feel it fall and fall until it sat on the bottom of my stomach, rolling around when I moved, when my grade ten friend out of the blue said she only liked me as a friend.

I never truly understood
until I was up at 1 AM on a school night because it finally clicked and I needed to know more. When I went to Pinterest to look at cute and fluffy pictures and went to Tumblr for the most cute and relatable stories.

I never truly understood
until now because I'm bisexual and love finally makes sense.