Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)

Start from the beginning

I may have overdone it on the food, but Scar and Jay-Jay always loved Japanese food. Well no they don’t, I actually did this for me because no one wants to take me to Japan and I refuse to go alone. I don’t know why but I was always fascinated by Japanese culture. Maybe it’s because my mom was Japanese or Chinese or Korean. They all kind of look the same but yet they are different. I’m pretty it’s Japanese though. She’s where I got my red hair from.

Ok the food is ready now it’s time to get ready. When I was finished putting the food on the table I turned to see Gabriel was still in his pajamas, boxers. That’s it that is all he wears not even a shirt.

“Aren’t you going to get ready, it’s almost noon.”

“Didn’t I tell you to chill? Come on, it’s just James and Scar.”

“Well that’s all they may be to you, but to me that’s my family. They’re the closest thing that I to one. So just go change, please.”

“What do you mean ‘the closest thing that you have to a one’?”

“Did I just say that? Just forget about it and get dressed.”

“I’m not dressing until I get an answer.”

“*Sigh*my dad’s the General of the Army so I never get to see him, I’m an only child, and… and my mom died when I was 6. So yeah sorry for being too attached to my closest friends,” I said with tears forming in my eyes.

“Saphire I’m sorry I didn’t know.”                    

“It was a very long time ago, so can we just forget about it? And can you please go change?”

“Sure.”

When I went in my room to change I broke down. The truth is even though I told Gabriel to forget about it, I couldn’t. Every day I think about, dream about, what my life would be like if only my mom was still here. And I still can’t help but feel like it’s my fault. They always told me it wasn’t, but I still think it is.

*Flashback*

“Saphire listen your daddy has to leave again. It’s not that he doesn’t want to be with you, he’s doing all of this for you ok,” my mom, Fumiko, explained.

“Then why can’t he stay mommy,” I asked (only 6 years old)

“Because it’s his job baby girl, you know that.”

Just then my dad came down the stairs in his Army uniform and his suitcase in his hand. Tears started to stream down my face as I thought about my dad leaving again. Sobs drowned out by the pouring rain began escaping my mouth. My dad rested down his suitcase and gave me a huge hug.

“I love you, you know that right,” my dad, Mario, asked.

I just nodded in response, still unable to speak.

“You’ll always be ‘Daddy’s Little Angel’.”

When I heard him say this for no reason whatsoever I just started running, through the door and into the pouring rain. I just kept thinking to myself if I continued to run it would give him a reason to stay.

“I’ll go get her,” I heard my mom say.

This made me run even faster because I knew my mom wouldn’t have to look too hard to find me. She knew all of my hiding spots. This means I need some new ones. When I came from in between some bushes I saw my mom’s car and decided it was time to turn myself in. I was already getting sick and I was freezing cold; hot cocoa and a nice blanket sounded nice, nice enough to turn myself in. My mom was driving through a crossroad to come to me when out of nowhere a huge gasoline truck, driving at full speed, crashed into her car. Her light was green, this I know. She should’ve been able to pass freely.