Chapter 1: Introductions

"Come on Saphire we're going to be late,” my best friend Scarlette shouted to me as I was getting ready. I brushed up my hair as I hurry to get my stuff. "Wow we are going to be so early on our first day of tennis practice,” she added sarcastically.

I turned to face her and gave her a fake smile. "What have I told you about rushing perfection,” I asked her trying to hide my annoyance. The nerve of her she’s the reason we’re late to most of our classes and the one day I’m late she feels she has the right to rush me.

"I wasn't rushing perfection I was rushing you,” she said causing me to let out a low growl. Bitch.

Scarlette was my best friend but at points I could just kill her.  You know that one friend everyone has and no matter what you say to each other it’s no harm done. You know she just have your best interest in heart my bipolar alter- ego Kimmy, what I decided to name her, said.  Yeah Kimmy and I have an interesting relationship.

Obviously seeing the scowl on my face she started to laugh. "I love you too, sis,” she said teasingly. She knew me so well that she could've told anyone what I was thinking. Well most of the time anyway. The rest of the time she’s as clueless as everyone else when it comes to my thoughts.

We made our way to the tennis court. As we arrived we saw at least seven other people standing there. Two girls and five boys ooh this should be interesting. When we arrived it seemed as though they were going over the basics. Luckily for me I know the basics. I’m actually a champ when it comes to this sport. The Wii system taught me well. The coach walked swiftly over to us to introduce himself once he noticed that we were there.

"Hi my name is Mr. King, I'm the tennis coach," He said with all smiles.

Well isn’t that obvious, Kimmy decided to add. I didn’t argue with her because she was right.

"I'm Saphire Rodriguez and this is my best friend Scarlette Cepeda," I said deciding to ignore Kimmy. I’m going to have to get rid of her one of these days, but for now I’ll treat her how I treat Scarlette when she pisses me off: to the silent treatment. Mr. King guided us over to the others. Some of them I recognize. When did these people start going here, Kimmy add deciding to rear her ugly head. Haven’t I told her if she has nothing nice to say don’t say it at all.

As we were walking just a few feet behind him Scarlette whispered in my ear, "Hey remember that movie we watch, 'Aliens vs. Predators'?"

"Yeah, why,” I whispered back. Where was she going with this? Kimmy was just waiting in anticipation. She and I both know how Scarlette minds work sometimes.

"Doesn't Mr. King look like the Predator,” she asked.

I managed to hold back a laugh. She was right though; Mr. King was going bald in the center of his and had locks on the side. All he was missing was the mask and to be in all black. Kimmy was killing herself with laughter. If I didn’t have the respect for adult that I did I may have done the same. It’s only joking right? *Sigh* that was a nice in- thought laugh.

I leaned over and asked her low enough so that no one could hear, "Yes he does, and he looks like Davy Jones from 'Pirates of the Caribbean' too." This made Scarlette laugh causing everyone to look in our direction. Wow even when she’s not trying this girl is in the center of attention. Who told you she’s not trying? Kimmy may or may not have a point with this thought, but I have no time to think about it now because Mr. King is giving us the death glare. Scarlette you idiot Kimmy and I started to scream. in my head I already found ten new ways to kill her.

 "Care to share what is so funny with the rest of us you two,” he asked scowling looking at me and Scarlette.

“It was nothing, sorry,” I said in the sweetest voice I could manage. It’s a good thing my uncle told me about Mr. King. He said whenever he gives you the death glare just apologize; don’t be like him and try to defend yourself it will only lead to pain.  Yeah nothing’s wrong, except the fact you look like both the Predator and Davy Jones. You know sometimes I hate the fact that Kimmy can say the things I never can.

A dude standing next to me now started to speak, "You know you're right he kind of do look like Davy Jones." I looked over to see who was talking to me. "Hi my name is Gabriel. And yours would be?” he asked with a smile.

"Saphire,” I answered back.

I looked at him closely trying to remember where I had seen him from. “Like what you see?” he asked causing me to snap out of my thoughts. Then it hit me, this was the guy that had embarrassed me just a couple weeks ago when he had dumped his lunch on me. Not to mention every time you see him he's making out with a different girl each time.

:: Flashback::

“Saphire I’m telling you there is nothing wrong with eating the food in the cafeteria,” Scarlette cooed.

Funny she was on the same page with me about a week ago. Oh but alas she met Jeremy her latest man crush. She is so infatuated with the guy it isn’t funny. Of course she’ll get over it soon and everything will be back to normal but I still don’t see why she has to bring me into this. Why can’t she find someone else to do these sorts of things with? Last time she told me lets go skiing it would be fun. It was fun up until the point where I fell and broke my leg. I reserve all right to be cautious when it comes to these thing.

“Scarlette I love you and everything, but I just have a bad feeling about this. Like I had the last time.”

“Well nothing is going to happen this time I pro…”

She was interrupted when this guy crashed into me and dumped his food all over my new outfit. The nerve of the guy. Let’s look for his car so we can key it and slash its tires. Kimmy may not be the best influence, but she’s here.

“I… am… so…,” finally he couldn’t contain it anymore and just busted out laughing and causing a scene. Everyone looked in our direction and joined in laughing to once they saw what was going on. Also when I say everyone I do mean everyone. Even Scarlette joined in on the laughing. Keep in mind that I don’t like being the center of attention or laughed at. It brings up some really bad childhood memories and makes me feel suffocated.

I stormed off in a hurry and rushed to my room. For some reason I just felt like crying. I wanted the ground to swallow me whole, but of course that wasn’t going to happen. I hugged my knees to try to become as small as possible. Life sucks man.

::Flashback Over::

"If I wasn't looking at you then maybe.” I answered with a whole bunch of attitude. You could tell by the look on his face he was slightly hurt. I didn't really care though.

“I’m sorry I’m confused.”

“And so you shall remain.”

Soon enough practice was over and I couldn't wait to hurry up and get back to my dorm room. After gaining back all the weight I just lost I decided to go take a shower and get ready for bed. Scarlette and I were just about to go sleep when we heard a knock on the door. Who the hell would be here at this time of the night? As I opened the door and saw who it was a big frown came across my face. 'Fan-tucking-tastik', I thought to myself. It just had to be Gabriel didn't it.

“So I was thinking.”

“You were I thought only people with brains could do that?”

“Feisty aren’t we? Anyways I now understand why your attitude changed on the court.”

“You do?”

“Yes it’s because you are intimidated by my sexiness.”

“Excuse me.”

“I get it. You think I’m too out of your league and that I wouldn’t want you, but it’s ok we can work this out.”  

Due to the fact that I was sleepy and want to hear any more of his crap I slammed the door in his face. OK maybe I may have over done it there, not really, but I really didn't care. Like I said I was sleepy. And what the hell was that all about anyways?  I wondered as I allowed myself to drift off into sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

Well that was chapter one hope you guys liked it. Again please comment so I could improve. And if you did like it please vote.

Xx Thank you for reading xX

Lala_cutiepie273