Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)

~*Yet another chapter from yours truly. Sorry that this chapter is mostly dialogue. I was kind of having a writer’s drought. Yep the well that is my brain was running kind of dry. ::WARNING:: There is mild sexual content in this chapter, but not too much. I’m not really like that. Anyways I hope you like it. Enjoy!!*~

Chapter 8 -The Mistake That Almost Happened (James POV)

Two weeks. It has only been two weeks and Fireball has already dictated the room. This has to stop. I don't mind that she cleans the room but she expects me to keep it that way. I’m not a slob or anything, but if I so much leave a sock on the floor for two seconds she will give me hell. Don’t even get me started on her bathroom schedule, it’s ridiculous. I mean seriously who makes a bathroom schedule. "You have to talk to her James," Gabriel said as we played Call of Duty.

"Are you mad or crazy? No one tells Fireball no. Not even Scarlette dared to try," I answered him.

This fact was true. Saphire had this way of getting whatever she wants when she wants. Maybe it's just the looks she gives you. It's this puppy dog look. Telling her no is like slapping a puppy, highly impossible. Her green eyes just gets so big and she pouts and… and… and I’m such a wimp. It shouldn’t be that difficult to tell her no. it should be a simple “N” “O”. somehow I can’t bring myself to do it. She’s just so cute and sweet and again I’m a wimp.

"Dude if you want to try go ahead. Just to let you know it's a suicide mission."

"James are you a man or are you a Muppet?"

"Oh wow, really? But to answer your question: I'm a Muppet of a man."

"I feel you man. I feel you. Wait, why can’t anyone tell her no?"

“Whenever she feels that someone is going to tell her no to something she gives them this puppy dog look that warms your heart and it’s impossible to tell her no.”

“Well you know I have a puppy dog look of my own.”

“Yeah I bet you can’t beat Saphire’s own though.”

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. We sat there in silence for a while when Fireball walked in. she just came back from grocery shopping. You could feel the tension in the room. Now she was humming. Usually this means she knows we’ve been talking about her and she’s just waiting for someone to say something. It can also mean that she heard a catchy tune on the radio and now it’s stuck in her head. I hope it’s the latter.

"I'm going to do it James."

"Good luck dude. I'll be praying for you. Wait, what color do you want the casket to be?" he just gave me this weird look and just then Fireball walked over to sit next to me. I wrapped my arm around her neck and kissed her forehead.

"Saphire we need to talk."

"Yeah Gay-briel." Ooh we are not off to a good start.

"Well it's about you staying here."

Just then Fireball gave him "The Look". “What is it? I didn’t do anything bad did I, I’m sorry.”

Then he threw his at her. “No you didn’t do anything wrong it’s just that. *SIGH* don’t bother.”

Now they were just staring at each other with puppy dog looks still on their faces. It is a battle of cuteness. Green eyes versus brown eyes. Girl versus boy. Saphire versus Gabriel. Who will emerge the victor? Oh I can’t take the suspense. When will someone give in? we stay like this for a few more seconds until Saphire pulls out the big guns. If it was even possible her big eyes got bigger; it kind of remind me of those anime characters’ eyes. Finally someone gave in.