Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 14: The Breakthrough Gabriel's POV

*~*hey guys I know it's been a while since I've updated and I'm truly sorry for that. And I also like to say Thank you to the people who waited patiently and encouraged me to not delete the story all together. So I hope you guys like and enjoy it.*~*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been exactly two weeks since James and Scarlette have returned and Saphire left. I’m not sure if she’s coming back because no one has heard from her ever since. I know she promised me that she’d call and visit to sort things out but now I’m not sure. Ever since the incident I couldn’t even bring myself to look at James. How could he say something like that to Saphire? He knows her better than I do and even I know better than to talk about her mom. Now Scarlette would not even look at either me or James. I don’t blame her because I didn’t really stop Saphire from leaving. I couldn’t, this is something she needs. I was walking through the dorm halls when my cellphone interrupted my thoughts.

:: UNKNOWN NUMBER ::

“Hello, good afternoon you’ve reached Gabriel Giddens’ phone, this is Gabriel speaking .”

“Well don’t you sound so fancy,” the person on the line said. The voice is familiar but I’m not sure who it is.

“Uhm, who’s this?”

“Wow I’ve been gone for at least two weeks and you totally forget about me. That hurts Gabriel it really does.” Now I know this is Saphire but I feel playful right now so I’ll just pretend I don’t know anything.

“I’m sorry ma’am but I think you’ve got the wrong number,” I said trying to stifle a laugh.

“Really, so then I guess I won’t be coming to visit you today.” I’m pretty sure that she’s smiling right now; I can hear it in her voice. What I would give to see that smile right now.

“Ok, ok I’m sorry please don’t be mad. What’s up?”

“I’m not mad, I’m happy even. I got most things cleared up with myself just need to sort the other things out.”

“So you’re coming today,” I asked with a Grinch-like grin on my face.

“Yeah, I’ll be there around noon. Gotta go bye Gabriel.”

Then she hung up before I even got a chance to reply. Well this is great- ish.  The only problem is that no matter how hard I try I can’t talk to James and Scarlette won’t talk to me. I have absolutely no Idea what to do with James; he walks around and act like he’s so innocent like he hasn’t done anything wrong. The nerve of this guy, seriously. I know for a fact that if it’s to help Saphire, Scarlette would help without a doubt. So I headed over to her room.  She’ll be happy to see me. As I walk toward her room I wonder what I should say and or do.

Scarlette isn’t really the easiest person to get along with or to talk to. She is as the say “the devil with human skin”. As I think of that I remember the day that Saphire left, she made a Bruno Mars reference that’s almost the same. I wonder would James be a better match for Scarlette I mean they are a lot alike. Well that’s not the problem to deal with right now. I arrived at Scarlette door and knock. She answered the door politely but when she saw it was me she tried to slam the door. I put my foot by the door to stop it from closing, lucky thing I was wearing some steeled toe shoes or that would’ve seriously hurt… a lot.

“Scarlette wait, I know that I’m the last person you want to see right now but...”

“Damn right I don’t want to see you, you made my best friend leave,” she scolded cutting me off. This girl is impossible. If it wasn’t for Saphire I would’ve just walked out.