Chapter 31: Ending is Starting Anew

"Dusk!" Shade swings a black broadsword as a wall of black flames blocks the escape of Great Mother.

Kuro quickly appears in front of the Great Mother. "I came, I saw, I conquer! Corcea Mors!"

He quickly slashes her 20 times before leaping away to dodge an attack from her.

"Stop playing around!" Great Mother yells. "Void Ocean!" A purple and black portal opens and it shoots out tentacles to grab both Shade and Kuro but both were able to dodge it.

"Dusk! Black Flame!" Shade raises Dusk then slams it down as the sword shoots out a beam of black flames killing the portal.

"Dusk, Black Dance Waltz!" Dusk lights itself with black flames as Shade starts running towards Great Mother.

He gets close but Great Mother smirks. "Crescent Moon Slash!" She waves her arm as a white crescent moon goes straight towards Shade to which he tries to dodge but he got cut off in two.

"Shade!" Kuro yells summoning a lance it starts to spin as he raises it up. "Rhongomyniad!" He thrusts it towards Great Mother causing a large black and red tornado towards her.

"Fuck!" She forms an X with her arms as she tanks the Tornado.

Kuro quickly went to Shade. "You alright?"

"Bring me my legs." He points at it.

Kuro nods before bringing them to Shade as he places them on his underside. His body starts to reattach to each other and once it completely healed he stands up and starts kicking.

"Back to normal." Shade grips Dusk.

"We need a plan!" Kuro tells him.

"I haven't think of one yet!"

"That's because I'll take both of you out!" A voice yells.

The duo looked at the owner seeing Great Mother with a massive hole behind her and her arms bleeding.

"Looks like we'll be fighting some more." Shade cracks his head.

"Oh!" Kuro stretches his arms.

Great Mother smiles before snapping her fingers then wounds burst open spilling blood out of the duo's body as both vomited blood.

"What the fuck?!" Kuro yells.

"It's one of her spells!" Shade informs before standing up then pointing Dusk at Great Mother. "It's called the Imaginary Moons. It deals a significant amount of damage to a group of users the more we fight. I can't believe I forgot about that!"

"Shit!" Kuro stands up. "We need to beat her faster! Is there a way to cancel the skill?"

"None it's an active skill." Shade unsummons Dusk and summons a katana with a black blade edge till the curved edge, having a red back and blade ridge whilst having a cracked blood red design on the entire blade. No guard and having a black tsunami maki handle.

"Let's have fun." Shade runs towards Great Mother.

"Wait up!" Kuro quickly flies towards them.

"I'll kill you both!" Great Mother aims both arms at them. "Void Cannon!" A purple beam was shot towards the two.

Shade jumps up to an upper part of a pillar in the room while Kuro flies up. They both start to go towards Great Mother.

Kuro summons a random sword out of his Gate of Babylon as Shade raises his. Great Mother smirks as her centipede-like tails and grabs the two, The beam disappears as she lowers the duo.