Chapter 37~ Never

I woke up, feeling completely lighthearted and happy and it took me a few seconds to remember why; Gerard. He had given in to my request had tenderly loved me last night by the riverside, it was the most passionate way I had ever been with a man. Just our smooth, naked bodies on the supple, soft ground.

It was amazing.

Last night, the evidence that it was his first time had been very glaring and I had been more than ready to put him through, showing him my pleasure points and how to stimulate them. He had picked up very fast. Jesus. He was the first virgin I had ever been with and I had never gotten that amount of pleasure from any other guy.

The dull ache I was currently feeling was totally worth it and I peeked out slowly through my lashes to find out it was still dark. How was that even possible when we had both fallen asleep when the sun was just rising? We returned to the castle eventually and just cuddled and talked till daybreak. I pushed the thought out of my head and reached out to feel the other side of the bed where my husband was supposed to be. He wasn't there.

Empty.

I rose abruptly, shocked that he wasn't there and feeling empty about it, why didn't he announce he was leaving? I was completely naked and I bunched the white covers around me before getting up to go look for him. I slipped on my white, bunny slippers and paused right in front of the floor-length mirror to observe my appearance.

I looked thoroughly fucked as expected. My hair was in tangled knots and my face held that weary but flushed expression about it, Lance always said my face flushed violently after sex, he was right I had discovered. I was about to move from the mirror when I heard the bathroom door open in the distance and Gerard appeared half a second later, clad in only his black boxers with hair damp and a small smile showing off his dimples.

"Hey," he murmured, hoarsely as he came closer to me, both of us appearing in the mirror. He hugged me from the back, his arms wrapped around my tummy and chin resting just above my head. He looked at peace, we both looked at peace.

"Hi." I lifted an arm to trace out his forearm tattoos, slowly but sensually running my hands on them. "You left me. I don't want you to leave me again."

"I'm never leaving you," he promised lowly but solemnly, his arms wrapped around me tighter. "I love you."

Two things happened at once, one, my heart stopped its normal functions and two, for some reason, Gerard's face was morphing. His arms had loosened around me to my dismay and his beautiful face had disappeared and suddenly, I was face to face with the cornflower blue-eyed blonde whose heart I had shattered not too long ago. He wore a long, brown, duster coat which looked way odd on him.

Daniel.

I was backing away, white cover wrapped tighter around me as I watched him grin at me creepily, the grin holding a hint of mockery and amusement mixed with disgust.

"You're hiding your nudity from me?" He looked at the covers that I was now wrapping tighter around my body in fear. "I've seen it all, Karina. You don't hide from me, you're mine."

"What's going on?" I managed to speak, my back hitting the mirror, feeling the coldness and fingers jamming on it as if to dig through it. There was no way escaping him.

"I love you, Karina." He moved closer, a hand placed on my cheek. "That pretty boy artist doesn't deserve you, come back to me."

I was stunned speechless, scared and imagine my shock when Daniel's face morphed again, this time it was Lance that appeared. He was glaring at me, looking at my appearance disapprovingly with his arms crossed.