16. Turf Wars

As the plane came to a standstill, the exit was pulled open and GK descended the stairs, followed by Vikram.

6 men armed with AK-47 stood on each side and they bowed in respect, as GK stepped past them.

Nodding her head in recognition, she tucked her loose strands behind her ear and adjusted sunglasses on her nose.

“Shall we hit the road?” GK asked as she approached the Jaguar flanked by range rovers.

“And openly initiate Turf wars?!” Vikram exclaimed and signalled towards the sky as GK looked up to see a helicopter preparing for landing.

“And you call it safe!” She asked amused.

“With you on board…definitely!” Vikram smiled as he strode towards the helicopter.

Confused, GK followed after him only for her jaw to drop open in awe.

“It’s Raptor VR865 Relentless, is it not?! This characteristic contra rotating co-axial rotor system and the advanced FLIR and Thermal imaging system…

“It’s Raptor VR865 Relentless, is it not?! This characteristic contra rotating co-axial rotor system and the advanced FLIR and Thermal imaging system….” GK exclaimed with a childlike curiosity as she entered the cockpit and caressed the multitude of machines and keys.

Vikram chuckled. Thank god! She had dropped that nonchalant façade. The entire ride in the aircraft, she had been so stiff, he was sure that he had lost the companionship they had gradually developed over the years.

“When did you…launch it?” GK asked with stars gleaming in her eyes.

“Last June…had to deliver the consignment to Russian army”, He replied.

“This one’s got a fine body though!” GK murmured.

“Why don’t you hop on and have a first-hand taste of its performance?!” Vikram suggested.

“Then why don’t you take the reins?!” GK smirked and jumped in the copter.

“Let’s get soaring then!” Vikram shouted as the guards shut the door and soon the raptor was roaring in the sky with Vikram taking the controls in cockpit.

“I missed this feeling!” GK almost sighed.
However as she blinked her eyes open, she spotted a red laser dot focussing right behind Vikram’s seat.

“Tilt the raptor to 30 Degree east if you don’t intend for your neck to snap in two,Cap’n!”  GK shouted as she rolled up the sleeves of her green shirt.

“It’s starting!” Vikram smirked amused as he held onto his seat whilst tilting the raptor to his side and a rocket whizzed right past the raptor, on GK’s side.

“That’s your idea of safety, Vikram!” GK rolled her eyes as she flipped open a pocket mirror and pushing raptor’s door open, extended the face of mirror towards the direction where rocket came from.