8. The Ugly face

GK clutched her head as currents of pain rocked her head. Wincing as she collided against Akshat, the smile from his lips disappeared.

"What happened?! A-Are you fine, Guddan?!" He enquired panicked as he held her in his arms whilst she screamed from the searing headache gripping her.

"Don't try to become my wife! I married you so that you can become a saas to my bahus and a bahu to my mother. Nothing more, nothing less! So next time, don't you dare touch my things and don't even dream about it!"

Outline of a woman tearing up in helplessness surfaced in front of GK's eyes as dark figure cornered her to the wall and held her wrist tightly over the bangles making them to pierce into her hand.

GK's eyes flickered open to see hazy image of her wrist adorned with bangles while a hairy palm held it. Suddenly overcome with a sinking feeling, GK gathered her senses and pushed the man holding her away. Akshat stumbled back shocked and tried to step forward when GK raised her hand upfront stopping him in his tracks.

She bit her lip hard as blood started oozing out and tried to fight off the spell of unconsciousness threatening to take over.

"Guddan...you are not well...please..let me..." Akshat pleaded, trying to come forward when her words laced with poison cut off his advances. "Stay the f*** away from me! I am not you wife! So just..just get lost...I-I don't want to see your face...just piss off!!"

"Rewa! Jayce! Where the f*** are you slackers rotting?! Bring my bl**dy medicines!" GK cursed as her heart pounded heavily and sweat beads trickled down her eyebrows.

"My lady!" Jayce came rushing as he held GK and helped her sit on the bed. Akshat could only look on as Rewa entered next and forcing GK's mouth open, forced a capsule down her throat.

A few minutes later as her breathing normalized, her palm flew to clench the scruff of Jayce's T-shirt and looked him in the eye with a predatory gaze, "I might as well have died from that pain! Why was there a delay in getting here?!" She spat as she pushed him away and scrambled onto her legs in a wobbly manner.

"And you, Rewa! Don't dare exercise liberties with me just coz I am soft with you! Repeat this next time and I won't think twice before cutting off those limbs that can't aid you in coming to my aid on time! Get that!!" GK roared as Rewa nodded.

"I need to get out of here ASAP!"

Jayce nodded pulling to the side as GK marched out of the room not without dumping the bangles away.

Akshat looked at the bangles that had shattered into pieces, sharp enough to prick his heart. As he gathered them into his hands, a shard pierced into his palm as blood oozed out. Closing his hand over the pieces, he clenched his fist tight as he reminisced the absolute look of despise Guddan had given him. The eyes that were brimming with innocent confusion just a few minutes back had morphed into a deadly harbinger of ill omen. What had went wrong?

"Jiju!! What are you doing?" Rewa shouted as she forced open his palm to see it red with blood.

As she made him sit on the bed and did his first aid, he looked on into the space with pained expressions. Akshat ki Guddan ko kya ho gaya tha? Where was the chirpy woman who would manipulate him into submitting into her nonsensical whims with her cheeky ways? Where was the woman who would shove his insults down his throat with her witty comebacks?

"It wasn't your fault Jiju, neither was it hers. You triggered an unpleasant memory, nasty enough to make her lose her reason and senses", Rewa spoke up as Akshat turned to her.