2. The TRUTH

"What is even happening?" GK enquired, feeling quite pissed with the new faces around her, who were staring at her, as if she was a demon.

She was one though, but she hasn't shown them...had she?!

"I am asking something, Rewa!" GK shouted, her temper crossing the line.

Rewa glanced at Bhushan and as a look passed between them, Bhushan nodded and Rewa turned around to face the Jindals. "I request all of you to leave this room".

"What?!" The bahus turned to each other, furious as well as confused.

"You are throwing us out of here!" Saru asked Rewa.

"It was a request, otherwise your suggestion can be considered, if you insist", GK interjected coolly, turning to Saru.

"Guddan, tum...." AJ caught her wrist but the instant she passed him a look of disbelief, he let go and turning around to his family, asked them to comply with her 'request'.

"Par AJ..." Durga tried to intervene but AJ raised his forefinger and leaving no room for argument, left the room.

As Durga glared at Guddan, GK raised her brows mockingly and signalled her to leave. Huffing, Durga left followed by others and soon GK was alone with Bhushan and Rewa.

"Let's start now, shall we?" GK insisted and turning towards the window, stood ramrod straight with her hands crossed behind her back. "What is the date today?"

"Its 13 Jan. 19" Rewa replied, in response to which GK stiffened.

"So, this means I am almost 20 and a half years old..." GK trailed and turning around, approached Bhushan. "Is he alive?"

In response, Bhushan looked away and GK clenched her fingers into a fist, almost feeling helpless. He was gone.

"The last I can recall is running out of the meeting when..." GK trailed grimly to which Rewa nodded. "We were tricked that day, that call you received was a farce...it was a carefully devised plan to kill you.." Rewa stopped, uncertain, seeing the mirthless smirk on GK's lips.

"Don't stop on my account! I am hardly surprised.." GK chuckled darkly.

Flashback

As GK stood along the window, overlooking the streets of Dubai, two men dressed in thobes waited patiently in their seats.

"I won't compromise, Mr. Khurshid. GK plays by her own rules", GK turned around and sauntered towards them like a cat. As her fingers leisurely traced the contours of her table, she looked up and smirked at them. "But if you are willing to..."

"Miss!" A man interrupted her proposal, as the smirk turned into a frown and she turned to the door annoyed, to see a man panting for breath. "Seems like, you don't like the concept of living, Harris!" She hissed, at which Harris gulped hard.

"There's a call from hospital!" He replied, forwarding the phone as GK's eyes widened and rushing towards him, she snatched the phone and pressed it to her ears.

The conversation wasn't very pleasant as in the next few seconds, GK rushed past Harris out of the room, leaving him with the men, absolutely clueless.

As the contingent of cars, entered a lonely road amidst the desert, a shot echoed across, combined with a bursting sound. Soon a screeching sound followed and as a bullet whizzed past GK's head, she lost her control and rammed her head, straight into the steering wheel.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"I must have fainted then", GK recalled, to which Rewa nodded.

"As far as I know, after that your car toppled over and over, while the barrage of bullet attacks from all around continued until Jayce showed up accompanied by his men..." Rewa trailed, clenching her teeth.