7. For you, by your side

The first day had passed relatively peacefully save for the major fight Akshat and GK had where she had insulted his love for her as mere feelings of guilt. It was already night time as Akshat entered his room to see GK sitting on the bed with a file in her hands.

He had left after the scuffle to clear his mind off the doubts that her words had planted in him. He was back, fully assured that the feelings he had for her are of love only.

GK looked up from the file on feeling a gaze on herself. She found Akshat standing at the doorway with a troubled expression on his face.

"Come inside, Hubby! It's your room too" GK suggested as she flipped a page of the file.

"What are you reading?" He asked as he entered the room and debated his next course of action.

"Hmm, I was just going through these balance sheets that I came across while exploring your bookshelf down in the study room. I must say, you know your things well!" GK replied, almost impressed.

"You understand balance sheets?!" Akshat asked almost shocked. Guddan was as interested in the books as he was in movies!

"You look shocked!" GK raised her left brow with an amused expression and slapped the file shut. "You may not know it but I have completed my MBA and know everything there is to know about handling business".

"What?! But Guddan is..."

"just a 12th pass?!" GK completed and flashed him a disappointed smile.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble but that was a lie! A cover up for a dumb Guddan!"

"Why a cover up? Why don't you tell me who exactly you are?" Akshat asked, frustrated.

"You are better off not knowing that Hubby! Everything happens for a reason and it will be in your interests if you don't dig around too much!" GK recommended as a solemn look dawned in her eyes.

And Akshat remembered about her bitter past that Revati had talked about. Feeling sorry for not being there when she needed him, he moved closer to console her and kept a hand on her shoulder in assurance.

Sensing a foreign touch, GK snapped out of her nightmarish thoughts and looked up into his soft eyes pooling with concern.

"Don't pity me! It's annoying!" GK snapped, removing his hand from her shoulder and got off the bed.

"You should start pitying yourself for you have me as a guest for the next 6 days!" GK smirked and opening the cupboard, picked out a quilt and threw it in his direction.

On a reflex, Akshat caught the quilt and looked at it questioningly. "You don't expect me to share a bed with you, do you? Such a small one at that!"

Akshat looked up as GK stood in front of him with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"As a fact, I have heard that Guddan used to enjoy her nights in the balcony on the jhula outside. And since you miss your Guddan very much, I will be generous and give you the chance to spend your next 7 nights in her company, in the balcony!"

With that said, GK signalled her brows to the balcony in a mocking manner and moving across Akshat, let her body fall onto the bed and closed her eyes.

Akshat turned around and approached the jhula troubled. As he stood face to face with the jhoola, he debated in his mind how exactly will his frame fit onto the jhula. Defeated, as he plopped onto it, the swing creaked under his weight and Akshat gulped. Hope he don't end up fracturing his spine while dreaming! He looked towards the place where once Guddan used to glare at him for being a ariyal and chuckled in fondness, seeing his wife fast asleep cocooned within the warmth of the quilt.