3. Hum Rahe Na Hum

Three days had passed since Guddan's uneventful exit from the hospital. Akshat had tried his best to trace her but to no avail.

"Has Guddan left me?" Akshat whispered helplessly to the darkness of his room that was threatening to swallow him whole.

After all she didn't remember him; she didn't remember their love...

"Your love?!"

Shocked, Akshat raised his face from his palms and came face to face with his alter ego, an arrogant AJ, the old AJ.

"Looks like you have forgotten that she was the only one who loved you. You didn't! You only married her to fulfil Antara's last wish", The alter ego smirked.

Standing up, Akshat remembered the countless times and ways, Guddan had professed her love for him. But the only thing, he gave her was pain and rejection.

Over and over, she had confessed that she'll love him selflessly and will never expect anything of him and times again, he had humiliated her. And the final nail in the coffin was the last time he talked to her...no, shouted at her. He knew and realized that she could never do anything to bring him pain. Guddan cherished Antara's memories way more than he ever could! If only  he hadn't lost his temper that day!

"Seriously Akshat, you should rejoice that she has left you, you always wanted that, didn't you?!"

Akshat gulped hard, as a silent tear trickled down his eye.

Flashback

"Countless times, I have told you not to wait for me!" Akshat pointed annoyed, as a sleepy Guddan raised her head from the dining table.

"My wish! None of your business!" Guddan retorted standing up, as Akshat removed his overcoat and settled in his seat.

"It is my business because I just want to be alone and eat peacefully! Only god knows when you'll leave me!" Akshat exclaimed annoyed, as Guddan served him in plate and settled in the seat right next to his.

As she broke a morsel from his plate and swallowed it down, he glared at her and she just shrugged.

"How many times I have told you not to eat from my plate!" He spoke frustrated.

"Is your name written on this plate?!" Guddan questioned amused and picking up the plate, inspected it for his name. "I don't see it though!" she completed, breaking yet another morsel. But before she could slip it between her lips, he snatched it and took the bite between his teeth. Chuckling, Guddan saw him eat while he refused to look at her.

"Let's see Akshat, for how long will you continue to lie to me!" Guddan exclaimed, getting up.

Exasperated, Akshat slammed the spoon on table and glared at her, "That nonsense again! I DON'T LOVE YOU! You live, you die, I don't give a hoot! I DON'T CARE! As a fact, I am waiting for the day you'll get cured of your pyaar ka bhoot and spare me!"

As Akshat got up and started to leave, Guddan's voice stopped him. "Maybe this wish of yours will manage to reach god's ears and he will send me so faraway that even the shadow of my memories won't disturb you..."

"I'll be the happiest person that day, peace will return back into my life!"  He retorted.

"Galat, Mr. Husband! You'll curse the day you asked of god to send me away from you! You will curse this tongue with which you hurt me! Forget about peace, only silence will be left in your life! Because you are just not aware that the bickerings and fights that you refer to as headache, are YOUR peace! You'll realise this one day that I have a my own special place in your heart but probably I won't be by your side anymore!"