Chapter 44 -No Cure-

Author's P.O.V.

"Xin! Cure her!" With the speed of a lightning the prince arrived in the manor while holding his wife.

Xin immediately took the Wangfei's pulse.

"Its the Shiroi sakura no sakebi, I-I can't cure her!" Xin claimed with a solemn expression on his face.

The Prince hugged his wife tightly in his arms, "Wh-why?!" He whispered, his majestic stature cannot be found in the moment, his face full of tears while his lips is ona straight line.

.....Sounds of hurried foot steps can be heard in the halls of the big manor.

A small figure is running so fast that made her already disheveled clothes be unrecognisable, behind her is a silhoette of a young woman, she seems to be chasing the small lady.

After a few minutes of running she finally reached her destination.

She opened the door with her small fragile hands and suddenly shouted.

"MISTRESS!!!!" Its little Ai, still in her blood soaked kimono.

The people inside didn't pay attention to her sudden appearance, behind Little Ai is Jinx in her all black outfit, she looks really exhausted because the special technique she used took a toll on her body.

Without a word, the Prince suddenly rose to his seat and swiftly took Little Ai's neck, he's chocking her to death, Jinx reacted too, taking her dagger on the Prince neck but the Prince is much faster and struck a dagger on Jinx's stomach making her stumble and fall down.

"Y-you!!! YOU DID THIS TO HER!!! A MAID!!! SHE WANTED TO SAVE A FUCKING MAID!!! WHY!? why can't she let me protect her!?" The last words where like a question for himself, while the uplifted body of Little Ai didn't resist like she is already awaiting her death.

The Prince's hand loosen, until Little Ai's neck is free, a thud sounded inside the room indicating that she is already free.

"No... I can't kill you... beacuse her efforts would be wasted" He said with disapointment and  resentment on his voice.

"*cough* I can he-help *cough*" she managed to say.

The prince didn't even spare her a glance and walked away but Little Ai got the meaning.

She stood up and followed the prince to where her Mistress lay unconcious.

The Prince signaled little Ai, indicating to examine her mistress.

Little Ai immediately took Knives pulse, "Shiroi sakura no sakebi!? Is it Tomoe!?" She questioned her self, her face paled about the thought that her mistress got this poison on her system.

"Wh-what is it!? Can you cure her!?" The Prince questioned, "There is no cure... But I can give you a remedy to let her fight the poison in her system... but I could not give you a asurance that she would survive it" Little Ai lowered her head when she said the last words.

"Tell me..."

*******

I was reading your comments and I noticed how the other readers critisized my work. When I saw those comments I was discourage to write.

That's the reason I didn't update for a couple of days, I want to console myself if I still want to write... In the end I realized... I still want to continue, I will finish this.

That's all. Thank u and Happy reading!!!