His Queen- The I Do's

Here I stood, in a large black wedding dress awaiting for the chapel doors of the castle to open. Two guards dress to the nines in red stood in front of me while Opal and the two maids from my bath stood behind me in red as well. The cold silver jewellery that adores my neck, wrist, ears and head are weighing me down along with my dress. Opal told me that everyone all over the Underworld from level 12 demon up are awaiting in the chapel.

Funny that. A chapel that is. Why would a demon who worships the devil have a chapel. Well I wouldn't know. But it is definitely strange.

I can hear loud chatter beyond the doors. Opal warned me it would be a large number in attendance for the ceremony then again at the feast. Apparently the ceremony includes me being crowned Queen. Yippee! Que sarcasm. I'm startled out my thoughts when horns are heard on the other side of the door and music starts. Not upbeat music. Not the wedding march. No it was gloomy and dark. It was down right terrifying.

The doors open to reveal a long isle with two sides with around 20 rows each filled with demons. I sucked in a large breath and began the walk down the isle. My cheeks hurt with my fake smile. My heavy dress dragging behind me like a weight. The guards were walking in front of me at a slow pace and the maids behind me were smiling and waving like this is the best thing ever. If I'm honest I wish they would walk faster so this can be over with.

I glance down at my feet while blinking away the tears, I heard people go aww, they must be thinking I'm crying tears of joy. When I look up again I see that the guards are no longer in front of me and that there are five steps to climb to the podium. I take a gulp of air, held my head high and accept his hand to walk up the steps. My steps are careful as my heels are extremely high and pointy. Once on the platform I was turned to face him. He had a happy grin on his face which actually made him look younger and cute. No Hayden snap out of it, he kidnapped you. I was pulled from my thoughts as the minister? Or whoever he is asks me a question.

"Do you Hayden Elizabeth Daniels take Daemon Harris Black as your husband, confident and King? To serve, obey and bare his heirs to your very last day?"

I stood staring at him, I glanced at Daemon, then the guests then nod my head.

"I Do", I say resided. Now why did it feel like I have signed my life away. While I was lost in my mind I missed Daemon say 'I do'. So now it's legal. We're married. Why do I feel like I don't own my life anymore.

But in the end, I am his Queen.

..........................................

I sat uncomfortably on the high back wooden chair in the grand dinning hall celebrating our marriage and of me becoming the Demon Queen. We have been served a King Henry the 8th style banquet. I've hardly touched a thing. Daemon would keep trying to feed me himself and I would accept it with a fake smile.

It must have been half way through the night when I felt his breath in my ear. He kissed me under my ear then spoke to me in a quiet whisper, to onlookers it would look like he was whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

When in reality he was saying this, "My beautiful little Queen, my darling wife what is with the fake frown hmm?"

I decided to be sarcastic and smile an ever bigger fake smile, "Well my loving husband, it may be due to the fact that I don't won't to be here or married to you, so get used to it", I hissed through my fake smile.

I can feel his frown against my neck, he nipped it lightly causing me to hiss in pain, "Fine my love have it your way, but do you accept this proposal, you accept me voluntarily and I will treat you as the Queen you are or don't except me and you will go back to being locked in your room with few visits from me and everything under lock and key. What is it to be my dear?", his voice held a mocking edge to it.

I thought it over for a second. Wouldn't I be better off. What harm could come from accepting him. I just had to accept him and be happy. Think of all the good things that would come from accepting him. I wouldn't be locked up, I would have free reign of bathrooms. I might not be as heavily guarded either. What's to lose. My life on earth is over. I may hate him but I would rather be slightly happy instead of completely terrified and bored looked in a Luxury looking prison. I continued to think it over. Then I came to my answer.

I looked at him with our noses touching and whispered, "I accept your proposal my husband, my love".

I then sealed it with a kiss.