My What?- Home Truths

It's been a week and a half since Mr. Jameson's death. I'm not as jumpy and Irina thinks it's time I go back to school. I agreed, so I start tomorrow. I may have agreed but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to going back. No I'm scared.

Scared. I'm saying that word more and more nowadays. How dad must be laughing. I was always smart for not being scared but I am.

I passed my mirror and spot a mark on my hip. One I haven't noticed before. I walk over to the mirror and lift up my top just enough to see my hip. The mark there made me gasp in shock. It was white and raised, circular with what looked like a star shape inside but with too many points. I jumped when I noticed IT staring at me from behind in the mirror.

"So you've noticed it then my dear, master will be happy" IT told me with his signature smirk. I couldn't stop looking at it, it looks like a scar but what a strange scar it is.

"What is it?" I asked IT which means I have officially lost it to be speaking to a figment of my imagination.

"It's my masters mark" IT simply says but continues on when he notices my confused face, "His majesty marked you when you were a baby, your parents knew of course and they tried to hide you which made his majesty mad and resulted in their deaths. It only appeared now because, well you met him". He finishes.

"So my parents are dead because of this imaginary man, correct?" I ask him confused. I turn around to look at him, "That doesn't even make sense at all, why am I even talking to you, you are not real!" I yell at IT.

IT gives me a dirty look then grins and laughs, "You silly child, you still haven't figured it out have you?".

I was confused, figured out what? IT must have noticed my confusion again and started laughing hysterically, bending over to catch his breath and slapping his legs with is pale ugly hands.

"Oh Hayden, my dear little girl", he mocked me while gasping for breath. I gave him a death glare, my hands tightening into fists.

He gives me a gleeful look, "We're Demons Hayden!"