The Underworld- Full of Boredum

Days.
So many days.
So many that I have lost count.

He has kept me locked in this room for god knows how long. Do you know how boring it is staring at four black walls. Seriously boring. I'm that bored I'm even missing IT! Now that is saying something because less than a week ago I believed he wasn't even real.

I groan in frustration and slump back against the headboard of the bed. Yes there is a tv in the room he is keeping me captive in but guess what? There's no channels or even any DVDs. Argh I'm f**king bored.

It's weird he keeps me captive in a luxurious room but keeps the bathroom door locked. What does he think I'm gonna do, drown myself in the bath? Well I can't because there isn't even a bath! I groan again and bang my fisted hands against the bed cover and scream in frustration.

I close my eyes and wish to be in my room at the Uley's because at least there I could were trackie bottoms and a vest top! But no-o-o I have to be wearing luxury nightdresses made of silk or fancy dresses made of very expensive materials. For goodness sake, I would rather be locked in some cell.

I was about to groan again in frustration when there was a timid knock on the door. Great that would be one of the 'maids'. I hate that word maid. It makes me sound like I'm better than them. Apparently today would be the day I'm introduced to my permanent maid. Yippee! Note sarcasm. "Come in!", I shouted from my spot on the bed.

A young girl maybe 13/14 years old timidly came through the door. She had blonde hair and brown eyes. She was pale, maybe even paler than me. She closed the door behind her and then curtsied. I sat up looking at her weirdly. "Your highness, my name is Opal and I am your permanent maid", she said to me in a small, timid voice and stay down in a curtsy.

"Emm, hi Opal, it's Hayden not 'your highness'! And for all that's holy please stop curtsying to me, I'm nothing special really", I told her in exasperation.

She got up from her curtsy but she wouldn't look me in the eye. "His majesty said today if you would like a bath, some guards and me would take you to one", she spoke quietly and politely to me. I move to sit up straighter and gasp in delight. Do I finally get out of the room? Is there a chance of escape? "His majesty also sends the invitation to join him for tonight's dinner, if you accept of course".

Who is this girl? She is so young but speaks like she is in her 30. I ignore the question about dinner and ask her some questions about herself.

"Opal?" I ask.

She pauses in the wardrobe where she seem to be collecting things. "Yes, your maj- I mean Hayden?", her quiet voice muffled.

"How old are you?", I ask wondering. There's a bang and then Opal appears through the wardrobe door with clothes, shoes and other stuff in her hands. She locks the wardrobe and decided to answer my question.

"I am just 14, old enough to serve my Queen loyally of course!", she murmers in a rush to ensure me. I nod my head in thought.

"Okay so your 14, where are your parents Opal?" I ask gently.

She looks sad for a moment then tells me, "My parents had to sell me to the King as a maid because they needed the money to raise my three younger siblings. Our family is poor your Grace, I apologise if that upsets you!"

I sigh and shake my head sadly, "Opal, it doesn't upset me, let's pretend I didn't ask and we go for that bath okay?", she nods her head in agreement.

....................................................

As we walked down the haunting dark hallways of the castle. I couldn't help but notice every dark corner and scary looking demons crawling around the place. Opal was walking slightly ahead of me with a guard while behind me there was two other guards.

I walk up ahead and ask Opal a question that has been sitting on my tongue for days, "Opal, where exactly am I?"

She smiles kindly as me as she replies, "His Majesty's castle of course".

I shake my head, she wasn't getting it. "Not here here but where the castle is exactly?" I ask her annoyed.

She smiles kindly again, "I'm sorry your Grace, we are in the Underworld!"

Oh, well that can't be good!