Present Day- A Black Rose

I sigh, stand up and drop my razor in the sink, "Im just coming Sarah, tell Irina 5 minutes". I dont hear her reply as I'm looking at IT as he puts a dirty pale finger to its lips, grins and justs disappears. I breath out a big gust of air, unlock and open the bathroom door and make my way downstairs with a fake smile plastered to my face as I pretend that inside I'm not breaking.

As I enter the dining room, George Uley, my foster father of two months gives me a gentle smile which tells me he knows my smile is fake. Irina Uley, my foster mother of two months gives me her creepy large grin and over cheery 'sit, sit'. Which I do of course. Since it's Friday, we are having roast chicken dinner. Celebs favourite. Irina likes to make sure we are all happy and does anything to achieve that. I admit it sometimes I am happy here but other times I wish I wasn't here. And when I say here, I don't mean this house here, I mean this planet. As we eat our dinner, my nine year old foster sister Sarah tells us about her with such a passion its cute. Then Celeb my 13 year old foster brother tells us about his day. It is not as detailed as Sarah's, but I don't blame him, High School is a horrible place for a foster child. And when I was asked how my day was I reply with "It was fine".

Irina frowned and told me, "Hayden dear something must have happened that you enjoyed today, how about art, you enjoy art. Your answer always has been 'It was fine'". She mimicked my voice when she finished speaking.

"Art was cancelled today as the teacher was ill, so we had a study period, so yes today was just fine okay!" I snapped at Irina.

"Hayden!", George snapped at me, which he never does. I take a big breath and apologised to Irina which she happily accepted. She then went on to ask George about his day then told us about hers. Once dinner was finished me and Sarah loaded the dish washer since it was our dinner chore.

I then excused myself to my bedroom without saying night and decided to draw.

What I drew surprised me, since I don't even like roses.