Nightmares- The Voice in the Dark

"Daddy, where are we going" my 7 year old self had asked.

"Well Princess, we are going on a small holiday, won't you like that baby girl?" my father Ian had told me and if I was smarter I would have noticed how pale and anxious he was. It wasn't like him, he was usually so happy and full of life but now he looked down right terrified and not for him but for me?

"But daddy" I had whined, "Its dark outside, do we have to go?"

"Yes, we do!", my mother Bethany had snapped at me then her voice softened when she turned around and noticed my tears, "Hades sweetie, I know you don't understand but one day you will, Ian watch out!", she had screamed as my father swerved our car to miss something on the road. It toppled once, then twice and then a third time. The pain made me black out.

When I woke up, everything was quiet and still. I was sitting in my car seat in the back of our car which was still upright, I groaned and held my arm when i felt pain and managed to get out of daddy's car. "Mummy, Daddy? I'm sore. Mummy? Daddy? Please I'm scared!", I had shouted looking out into the dark night of the Forest around me. Then I heard a voice.

"You can't hide forever Hayden, you will be mine"

That voice isn't a part of this dream. I know this dream, I lived it. But that voice isn't part of it. I looked at myself. I didn't hurt anymore and I also wasn't 7. I was 17 and wearing the clothes I out on for bed. What the hell is going on?

"Come out, come out where ever you are" the voice sang.

I decided I would run as fast as my legs would carry me. Why the voice didn't sound right. Not human.

I dodged trees and roots, branches and plants. My feet were in pain and I'm sure they were bleeding. I glanced behind me but saw no one so I stopped to catch my breath only to have it knocked out of me again as I'm slammed against a tree. I gasped for breath. I couldn't breath. I clawed at arm on my chest.

"I told you you couldn't hide", he whispered in my ear, "I will always find you" he breathed.

I glanced up at his face and I was graced with pitch black eyes, black hair and a sinister grin. I screamed as something hot branded my hip.

.....................................................................

I jolted awake with a gasping scream. My hip burning. My lights suddenly flicked on and my frightened eyes flickered to Celeb. He gave me a look as if asking if I was okay, I nodded my head in response which he accepted and turned my lights off and shut my door with a quiet click. I fell back against my pillow with a gasped breath as I remembered the last words he told me 'I will always find you'.