Trying to Escape- Broken Glass

After dinner my kidnapper decided he would show me around the castle. In all honesty I'm making him believe I'm interested in all this while in reality I'm looking for a way to escape.

And I think I have just found my escape route. We had just stopped at a painting on some man who looks like him. Now I just need to distract him long enough to escape. But how to do that? Think Hayden, think! I need to try, I can't stand to stay here any longer.

Then an idea came to me.

Tapping on his shoulder I ask him, "Can you tell me about these other paintings?"

He grins suddenly at me with a happy glint in his eye. He turns his back to me and starts yapping on about each and everyone one these paintings. While his attention was else where, I chanced a glance behind me to check if the coast was clear and started to tiptoe backwards. I was being as quiet as possible. I must have been nearly at the end of the hallway when I hit a table and something smashed. I stared in shock with my mouth agape staring at the black glass surrounding my feet. Sh*t! I quickly and carefully stepped away from the glass and looked to where my kidnapped was running quickly up the hallway towards me. Cr*p! I dodged the glass as I ran up the rest of the hallway. The floor was slippy on my bare feet that in couldn't stop on time to miss hitting into the wall. I recovered quickly and rounded the corner. Picking up the ends of the dress I ran faster with the voices of 'Hayden!' and 'Stop!' rattling in my ears behind me. I chanced a glance behind me where I saw my kidnapper and several guards running after me.

I look forward again and notice the hallway was a dead end with a large open door there. I picked up my pace and ran through the door slamming it closed behind me. I turn and look for a lock and flick it closed. I jumped and screamed when banging started. I look left and right for something to give me extra time when I spot a chair high enough to place against the handle of the door. Once the chair was in place, I walk cautiously backwards looking for someway to escape like a window. But I spotted something better. Glass doors which I'm sure would lead to a balcony. With on last look to the door a head quickly to the glass doors. I pause before I open them and listen to what is being shouted through the doors.

"Hayden! Open these mother f**king doors this instant! I swear to the Devil himself if you don't you will pay!", it was him my kidnapper. Cr*p!

The door starts to crack as I quickly open the glass doors and step out onto the balcony. I look around to find away to get down. But come up with nothing. In desperation as I here the door open I run over the the railing and glance over. Sh*t! It's a really long fall. I hear a set of footssteps just beyond the open glass door. I try and climb up in the cold stone railing of the balcony but trip on my dress when I here his voice behind me. I scream as I start to fall over, seeing the ground race towards.

My last thought was, 'This is the end, isn't it?'