Farewell

Heyyyyyyy. I'm back!

Happy 2020 y'all!

This chapter has some mature content so...👀👀👀👀

Anyway.. issa roller coaster ride..  do hold tight.

Happy reading💜

___________

____________

As soon as Lea gained her physical strength after a month, she was discharged from the hospital. The stale food and the detergent scent off the tiles had screwed her enough wanting to leave the place and go home. And when she had been informed that she could leave, Lea couldnt be anymore ecstatic.

A week had rolled in since she had returned from the hospital and honestly, Lea felt way better. She attended her last few classes with the same level-headed enthusiasm she had before the accident occurred.

Other kids, surely did stare at her longer than required for the first few days but they too, grew bored seemingly not finding the drama they expected to find.  Everything was back to normal, or so she believed.

The rest of the boys stopped boycotting Zack, trying to regroup like before but he had already succumbed into the lifestyle of spending more time alone. He was grateful for their attempts, fully knowing that they no longer despised him and he was quite relieved about it... but the guilt still hung itself around his neck.

The massive crack in Zack's and her relationship was left untouched. There were too many words in the air that were left unspoken, but the silence that had rendered itself onto their own selves was a strong implication about everything that they wanted to speak about.

Zack had subtly tried on making things right but his efforts were a lost cause with no sense of direction anymore.

His heart kept tearing him inside out, letting him know as days passed the only person who had loved him was straying further away from his reach.

Lea's words had shunned him from all basic rationality and the thoughts of her leaving him for good never stopped haunting him.

He would stay up late at night wondering if he could even survive if Lea rejected him before moving away forever.

His thoughts had its truths and causes and he damn well knew that one day his deeds would slap him right in his face and he could only watch. Because no matter however he would word it out, no matter if Lea was the mate that the nature had decided for him, no matter if she carried his mark, she would never be his. He could cry, shout and declare it loud and clear to the world but he would still have to watch her leave.

For the first time in a very long time, Zack was terrified.

He was terrified of the future where Lea wouldnt be beside him. His efforts remained unsavory, but he would still try to talk to her.

They barely exchanged a single sentence before Lea excused herself out from the conversation and Zack couldn't help but feel paranoid.

She was ignoring him.

She was hating him.

He knew this would be the results, but he couldnt digest the fact that his nightmares were coming true.

It wasnt almost past the lunch hours and a nasty feeling settled deep into his bones.

He could feel Ray going on about something but he could barely focus. Something in the air had sparked and he could feel their bond fading into the mist.