Traitor for a Friend

Heyyyyyyyy! I know, I said that I won't be updating... but the fact that this book crossed 2k views got me all excited and happy. So I wanted to thank all of you who are reading and supporting this book, with an early yet late update!

And not just this... even, Scars to your Beautiful crossed 400 views. argshsjsjjkk I'm so happy. Thankyou so so so much.

Thanks for all the love and support.💜

----------

Okay, so about this chapter.... it's a little bit tipsy so I'm a little worried. The bottom line is... I'm never involving somebody else's story (Matthew's in this case) again. It's sorta important, but then it turned out to be a filler. sorry.

*sighs*

Anyway, 

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.FAN

Happy reading 👄👄

------

-------

The icy atmosphere that doomed on them was not lost on Lea. She could see the fierce raw anger in Ray's eyes. His silver lined blue irises blazing with fury and wrath. Not to mention the fangs, because Lea was a pale sheet of paper. She could not see Matthew's reaction, because she was too focused on the ravenet, hoping that he would not erupt.

Behind the smirks and growls she could see it.. the same aura that Alpha Xavier Reid possessed when she met him in the forest. It was so intense and intimidating that she couldnt help but tremble looking at him. She already had a hunch something bad would happen but she didnt think it of as in a way where Matthew would have to do with it.

"Matthew." Ray called out to him in a sneer and sarcastic enthusiasm laced in his voice.

It wasnt Ray's tone or his words that startled Lea... ofcourse not. But it was what came out of Matthew's that startled her.

"Ray" Matthew breathed,  almost inaudibly.

How did Matthew know of Ray? How would he know of him? did they meet up sometime? But if they did- they certainly did not seem to be on their best faces. Matthew couldnt possibly figure out that guy infront of him is Ray. So how would he know?

Numerous thoughts were running through Lea's head but no sooner than later she found herself gripping Ray's bicep to pull him away from the guy he was strangling up against the wall.

Matthew hung helplessly putting his efforts to get rid of the hold that tightened around his neck constantly. His feet dangled above the ground as Ray growled at him with his fangs bared.

"Ray! stop!" Lea cried out trying to pull Ray away, but failing miserably as he stood planted to the ground. Matthew's efforts slowly dying down, his hands falling limp next to his body.

"Stop it RAY! you're killing him!!" Lea yelled out louder trying to pry his fingers off from Matthew's neck. Matthew grunted helplessly, eyes travelling from the girl to the ceiling above.

"Ray!" She cried out at the ravenette who was focused on killing Matthew. Out of instincts from the wild side of hers she bit Ray on his arm. A hiss erupted in the air while his muscles contracted from the pain. Matthew fell to the ground and Lea crouched down to help him.

Matthew gasped for air and coughed several times.

"Matthew! Matthew! Breathe.. breathe. I'm here..." Lea said with a calm, yet terrified voice. She whipped her head and looked up at Ray with a disgusted-annoyed expression, "You. I'm going to deal with you later. Help me up with Matthew now."