Girlfriend?!!

Authors Note:

Hi yall! Happy reading!❤

----

As soon as Zack passed out, I quickly punched in the boys' numbers in my phone and called them over. There is no way I could ask for anybody's help, here in the neighbourhood without them ending up in the hospital first from seeing two goody-black wolf ears.

I managed to drag in Zack with all my strength and I put him down on the couch. His body was burning and he was also sweating profusely. His dark hair was drenched in sweat and it stayed plastered to his forehead.

He kept muttering incoherent things in his sleep which wasnt that audible. I rushed to the cabinets and got a clean face towel to keep Zack from erupting into a tsunami of sweat. As much as I wanted to wake him up.. I couldnt and I didnt. I was worried... what if he was having one of those dark nightmares?

Those nightmares that fades the light in his eyes..

Those nightmares that makes him weak and vulnerable...

Those nightmares he wishes to never be revealed...

Those nightmares...

that made him shut me out from his life once.?

I was scared and terrified even at the very thought of it. He groaned in his sleep and I bit my lips hard, clenching my fist, restraining myself from waking him. My nails dug in my skin and I winced from the pain.

I took the towel and gently dabbed it on his forehead, brushing his hair away from my fingers. I saw his fingers curling around the fabric of his shirt as his breathing got heavier.

I panicked from his huge breaths and finally made my mind to hold his hand. I unclasped his fingers and intertwined them with mine. I gently squeezed his hand, hoping that his pain would transfer into me, if thats what it would take for him to be alright.

His breaths became even and his chest moved in a calming rhythm. My heart ached seeing him like this... so lost and afraid. Every second he went through this, felt like a twisting dagger in my bones and neither I could make it disappear, nor could I remove it. As time passed, I had hoped for his nightmares to vanish but, it just became more worse and not to mention the wound inside me grew wider than it ever was before.

The white vans with graphical globes, the hospitals, the confined spaces, the nightmares, the forgotten memories, the current state of his father and finally, the loss of his mother had always been playing with his mind.

He would often wake up from his nightmares shrieking, 'mom, dont leave me', 'dont hurt me', 'why did you do it?', 'why not just kill me?'..... 'I will kill you all' and a bunch of other profanities that 10-year olds werent supposed to know.

From this, I remember vaguely of my parents trying to help Zack in every way possible, for he was like their own child and they loved him equally. But, no help persisted for more than a week. He hated hospitals, he hated anything and everything that had to with the white collars and he became even more worse. When I visited him that time for the first time in four months after the tragedy of his father.... I could barely recognise him. His eyes sunken, his skin all pale and his limbs looked nothing more than a twig.

For the first time in my life when I looked at him, I felt pain striking me like a lightening. It was not like I never felt pain before.... but, the pain I felt that moment, drained every last ray of light from me. Before I could even approach him anymore closer.... I was already running a river of tears down my face. It felt like I was dying and being stepped on at the same time.