Kuroo Tetsuruo

Kuroo Tetsuruo - Stray

Kuroo POV

I was starving. After a long day constantly saving stray spike blocks and spiking a few myself sure worked up an appetite for me. A little mini-mart was in site, thank the lord.

Entering to the sound of a small bell chiming, I was greeted by a girl with strawberry blonde hair. An uncommon hair color in Japan, I must say, she possessed. She bowed and welcomed me and noticed my school uniform or something on me struck her curiosity I guess. Because she looked surprised or something.

"You are Kuroo from Class 3-2, am I right?" She asked.

I nod and her face lights up by the hundreds ( of watts).

"I'm (name) from your class! I sit at the back row!"

"Oh. Why, hello (name). What are you doing here?"

"Helping my father out. What did you come here for?" she asked with a welcoming smile.

" I just wanted something to eat. Anything I can afford at the moment..."

"How much do you have now?"

"About 700 yen(7 dollars)."

She walked from behind the counter and walked into the shop, and came back with some snacks. Taking a bag of chips, I handed her the cash and walked out.

"Kuroo-san! Y-your change!"she huffed. She ran all the way from the store at top speed to give me back the change. Did I mention that I was quite far away from the shop by then?

"Oh, thanks (name)-chan."

She smiled and rushed back to the store with her short ponytail flicking around.

I wonder why I didn't act like I know that she was in my class. Stupid brain.

The next day was as hectic as yesterday. I think I almost sprained my knee. That really hurt, regardless. I walked by the shop on my home today and noticed (name) rushing and jumping about the store, sorting cans of Campbell's and cereal boxes.

She looked as if she was worked by a cattle driver, constantly by her side and whipping her flanks.

She turned around and started hauling a garbage bag onto her shoulder, and walked through the double automatic doors.

"(name), hey. What's up?"

I ask. She looked at me with crazed eyes and hair flying around her face.

"K-kuroo! I am so pooped right now, um. A minute?"She asked. Sticking up her index finger. Without another moment to spare, she immediately waddled to the rubbish bin a couple of meters away and threw the bag in like a stinking, diseased dead body. Wiping her hands on the apron she wore.

"Woah. That stunk." she muttered.

"I could tell."

"What brings you here Kuroo?"

"Wanted a muscle ache patch." I lied, but I was running out of the stuff at home since yesterday's folly.

"Alright! Back in a bit." she said and disappeared into the shop and trotting out with a 12 pack of the patches. With an outstretched hand, she spoke.

"1000 yen, please.(about 10 dollars)"

I scowled and she smirked. It was pretty expensive. She pocketed the mass of bills and coins I gave her and waved goodbye before zipping back into the store.

The next day of school was long. No volleyball. But lots of homework. I glanced over my shoulder to see (name) groaning and hunching over the mound of homework. Tying to get it done before school ended. She wore a pair of dark blue glasses and was furiously scribbling away. I chucked and looked back to the board. Daydreaming again.