Kuroo Tetsurou

Kuroo Tetsurou - Morning glories (Part 2)

(Name) was sitting on her balcony, facing the wind.

She was thinking a lot about Kuroo.

What will happen? What will I say? What will I do?

Suddenly, her phone buzzed.

"Hello? (Name) speaking?"

"Hi, (Name). It's Kuroo."

"Yes?"

"Can you meet me for dinner?"

"I dunno. But, tell me the details anyway."

"8 at the bus stop at your house."

"I will check." and he hung up with a 'good bye'.

(Name) sighed and leaned back, against the wall. She felt guilt, anxiety,worry and stress all at once.

What would happen?

When she reached the bus stop, she saw Kuroo in clothes that made him look good, although as plain as it was.

"Hey, Kuroo. You look nice today."

"Can't say the same for you though. You look great." he gave a half-hearted smile that tilted downwards on the left. (Name) smiled back awkwardly.

"So, what have you planned?"

Kuroo looked at her. She looked back. Silence.

"I was thinking that we have lunch first. Where too, (Name)?"

"I say just that little place down the road." She had no idea what that shop was or what they even sold, but to avoid awkward tension and silence, she just pointed randomly.

"Ok then, miss. Let's go." he tried to joke. (Name) giggled dryly.

Kuroo and (Name) were eating quietly. Nothing happened. Nothing at all.

"Sorry if I was quiet a lot. A bunch has been on my mind." and at that very moment, (Name) realized that his eye-bags were more prominent than before.

"Same here. Look, we could end off here and you can go back and sleep. You look terrible."

"No! I mean, no. Stay. I wanted to show you some things. I planned this out. Don't wanna waste the opportunity that I may never again have..." Kuroo combs his hair with his fingers. His eyes sunken and dark with fatigue. (Name) couldn't possible say no. He was in such a pitiful state.

As they walked, (Name) looked at his strong back and admired the muscles. How hard had he worked for those?

(name) wondered, why does he bother trying so hard if I was seemingly never going to accept him? What I'd said I didn't care? Do I even like him still?

Kuroo had gently held (Name)'s hand out of the blue. She did not react. She was too deep in her thoughts to react to anything.

"We are here. I know you have seen this before and I know that it is late but, give me your hours." Kuroo asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Let me show you something. It will be late when I finish, so, are you ok with that?" Kuroo repeated.

"Yes. I'm fine. Go on then." (Name) gave an encouraging smile. The first gesture of happiness that day.

Kuroo brightened up. He pulled her along for a few meters and they were at a kid playground.

He hugged her tightly as he sat on the swing. It creaked.

"I'm sorry if I made you suffer so much. I am sorry. If I wasn't do dense and foolish, I would not have broken your heart. Sorry. I know I cannot win you over a second time but, at least accept my apology." Kuroo whispered. (Name) could feel the sincerity and the sadness. His grip on her back and hair, the ragged breathing, the tears.