Sugawara Koushi

Sugawara Koushi - Silence isn't golden

'How was your day?'

"Fine, (Name). How are you?"

'Not bad.'

Sugawara smiled gently as he held (Name)'s hand. She smiled back and the silence between them was warm and inviting somehow.

Sugawara loves (Name) with all his heart. She was all he wanted to have ever in his life. Sugawara just can't help wishing for one thing though.

He has always wanted to hear her speak. 'Course she couldn't though.

(Name) was mute.

But, he loved her just the same anyway.

"What would want if you could have anything you wished for?"

'Something that would make you happy, Sugawara.'

"No, no. For just yourself. No one else can benefit from this wish."

(Name) seemed momentarily stunned. Just herself? She thought long and hard before replying in sign.

'My voice.'

Sugawara smiled.

"I wish you can have that one wish come true."

(Name) sighed and grinned.

No matter. Sugawara thought. Even if she couldn't hear me and couldn't speak, I'd love her the same.

Sugawara picked up his phone, it was the middle of the night and (Name) had an emergency, her mother had suddenly collapsed and she couldn't call the ambulance. She couldn't even if she tried anyway. She's mute, remember? Sugawara called the ambulance for her before struggling into khakis and a shirt to meet her at the nearest hospital.

Thank god he heard his phone buzzing. What of he didn't?

Sometimes, he would find it troublesome to always text when he could call. But, that would be stupid. She was mute.

Sometimes, she can't remember that not every human being knows sign language, and Sugawara would kindly step in to assist her.

Sometimes, at school, when his buddies ask of his relationship with his mute girlfriend, he would think of all the bad things first and say,

"It's troublesome to take care of her constantly."

They gasp. This was very unlike Sugawara to say something so mean!

"But, it's all worth it to receive her unconditional love." he ended of, grinning like a madman. Proudly tugging the sky blue scarf she made him. He waved his friends goodbye before heading to pick you up from the school for the deaf and mute.

It is all worth it.

Dedicated to the one who requested this! :)