Kageyama Tobio

A high demand in other one shot books. I wanted a go. So here it is!

---------------------------------------------

Kageyama Tobio - How do I love you? (if you know the quote, u will get it!)

" What's so great about Tobio. I don't get what you see in him (name)"

(Name)'s best friend, Ruiji, complained. He sighed and sipped her drink, rambling on how many other guys she thought (Name) liked. (Name) knew she meant well but could not understand herself why she liked him so much. Rumor has it that Kageyama already had a crush. Everyone thought it was on Kiku Hoseki, a girl with a blinding presence, cheerful and bright. A shock of brown hair and some said that she had shiny emeralds for irises. She was a gem. Like her name. In appearance and interior.

(Name) always thought she couldn't beat her in a beauty contest or a competition of internal beauty. Although she was praised by her friends that she had beautiful and uncommon stone gray eyes that gleamed like steel, freshly polished. Hair like a mass of black sewing threads, Thick, voluminous, silky, outstanding. Sharp, witty, brave, kind. To her friends, that was all the praise (Name) truly deserved. And were confused why a girl of such characteristics would find herself liking a demanding, controlling, hard head like Kageyama. It was a mytery to all who knew (name)'s crush, there weren't many though.

(Name) was sure the girl will never get the boy in the end. This wasn't some story.[kinda is lol :>] This wasn't some dream. This was the real world. And the real world doesn't really believe that "dreams come true".

Sighing, (name) decided to listen to Ruiji, and list the reasons why she liked the setter so.

1) I love his voice. I want to talk to him forever and ever even after my throat runs dry.

Oh no, the dark clouds don't look good.

2) I have this wash of instant relief when he notices me in my state of anxiety.

(name) quickly stuffed her books in the locker and start looking for Ruiji or any of her friends that might cross paths with her.

'An umbrella. A raincoat. Anything to keep the water out!'

3) I admire him and his unwavering passion for volleyball. The unannounced pledge of total devotion struck me. He was so dedicated.

(Name) was stuck outside the office, waiting for a miracle. 'My salvation. A glimmer of hope would do. I just want to get home dry and wake up tomorrow without a cold.'

4) I cannot describe what I feel when he talks to me. Even if it was only one sentence long and only lasts for one breath.

'I'm stuck. Shucks, I was hoping for Miho to be around still. Or Taki.' (name) thought

5) The way his eyes glint at the site of his favorite food. I caught that glint once. It felt like I caught a shooting star. A once in a lifetime opportunity to see Kageyama's eyes glint innocently at something he was fond of. I found it adorable and funny.

Footsteps were heard though. (Name) diss missed the fact that it could be one of her friends.

6) I don't know how to explain. He gives me this strong sense of security. Like nothing could possibly hurt me. He gives me this drive. When he waves to me before I started my tennis club, I felt on top the world, I won all the rallies I played that day. I had an unlimited sense of confidence too when he was within an arms length or look at me in a way I thought was genuine.

(Name) was oblivious to the fact that she was speaking her thoughts, although soft in terms of volume, it could still be heard by a certain setter, standing behind her.

7) He is really handsome. I don't know why but, he really is. Even with that foul grin of his. He has that unique trait that makes him stand out more than anyone.

(Name) smiled to herself and stared into the distance with hazy eyes from daydreaming her list.

'How do I love you? Let me count the ways...'

"(Name)-chan."

(name) didn't know that she was voicing her thoughts, and thus, the fact that Kageyama heard almost everything she listed was unknown to her.

"Kageyama-san."

"Need help with getting home?"

"Yes. If you could be so kind to help me! Please help me get back home!"

"Sure thing."

Getting under the cover of Tobio's umbrella, (name) and Kageyama walked to her house in silence. With an occasional instruction of how to navigate through a certain street or junction from (Name). She was still, obliviously, voicing her list. Kageyama listened with interest. Hearing everything she loved about him. From his snarl and glare. To his graceful sets or jumps.

Kageyama ended up listing what he liked about (Name) as well. Only he did this in silence. Lips a thin line.

1) She is so bubbly. I never see her without a smile.

2)

The two walked for about 6 minutes more and were at (Name)'s house.

Kageyama had 14 reasons so far.

(Name) didn't bother counting.

"(Name), we're here now."

"Thank you do much, Kageyama!"

She bowed slightly and waved before making a dash to the shelter of her porch. She was about to go in before Kageyama said to her, or kind of shouted to her.

"(name). How many ways do I love you? I cannot really say. I've liked you as well. From a distance. Sorry if I hurt you in anyway before." Kageyama quickly swiveled around and swiftly walked off with a tomato for a face.

(Name) texted him later that evening.

'How do I love YOU? Let me count the ways...'

The texts did not end there, she sent one text for one reason why she loved him. It took forever to finish her list. Kageyama texted her one reason a day. Like a prescription of meds for her. To be taken everyday in the given dosage.

How do I love thee? No one can really say.

------------------------------

An attempt at this kind of one shot. Inspired by this quote. "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

Thanks for those comments jelsa! Cheered me up!

Thanks for reading!