Chapter 55 : Three Knocks

It was Halloween night, All the Chicken girls ( with Stephanie, Jesse, Flash, Astrid, and Arthur) were at Robbie's house for a Halloween party. Ellie still wasn't talking to Robbie so she wasn't there with us. We were telling spooky stories, I sat next to Rhyme , I was a Greaser as well as Rhyme. We both decide to have matching costumes. " so this couple is parked on this dark lover's lane, and they heard a rattling on the side of the car. now the woman had heard on the news that is convict with a hook for a hand had recently escaped the local asylum. So she's begging her boyfriend to take her home. But he won't listen, he wants to keep necking or whatever they called it-" Stephine was interrupted by Arthur " No! that pushy idiot! No means no" I couldn't help but laugh at his comment, " wait, necking?" Quinn asked, "that's what the called kissing back then" She explained and then continued "Anyways so she hears a rattle on her car door handle, and she freaks, she demands that her boyfriend take her home. so he odes, but he's angry, he screeches out of the lane, takes her home. they don't talk. he pulls up in front of her house. she get's out of the car, she slams the door, and screams!", That caused Rhyme to jump onto Quinn and me into Rhyme as we all held each other from the jump.

"What happened?" Quinn asked, " There was a bloody hook hanging from the door handle" She finishes the story. We all breathed a sigh of relief." I feel so bad being here without Ellie, she would love this" Rhyme said to Quinn, "I know, but she did give us her blessing, she's probably having fun tonight, too" Quinn sighed.

"Okay I have one" Astrid said " But mines not a ghost story, it's just a creepy thing that happened to me, I'm not even sure if I should tell it" she explained. "okay, now you have to tell it" I say to her, "she's just amping herself up, so transparent" Jesse told me, " Stop ruining our fun" Stephine gave a light laugh " Go ahead Astrid", Astrid began her story "okay, well, last year on Halloween, I went with a couple of crown lake girls and some guys from the boys' boarding school, and met up in the cemetery", " You know, I'm gonna go get some more drinks, I'll be right back" Robbie said as he stood up and left.

"The girls convinced me to wait until Midnight to knock on the door of this mausoleum. Supposedly, if you knock three times right at Midnight, the ghost of this little girl would knock back so I waited until midnight. Just when it turned 12, I knocked three times...and I waited ..." She took a long pause before continuing "and nothing happened. I waited 15 minutes just to prove I wasn't afraid. by that time, all the other girls had left, leaving me alone, thought it was just a stupid prank, but when I got back to my dorm that night, just as I got into bed, I heard a deafening knock, knock, knock" But then I'm holding onto Rhyme, Rhyme's holding onto Quinn and Quinn is holding onto Rhyme. " Right on my door, I froze.".

"It must have been those girl's playing a trick on you" Quinn commented, "Yeah, I though so too. I didn't even get up tp check. But the thing is the knocking hasn't stopped" That sent chills down my spine, "What? what do you mean?" Rooney asked her, " I hear it at Midnight almost every night even after I left Crown Lake"," Woah, You still --- you hear the knocking at our house?" Rhyme asked cutting her off, "Honestly, yeah I didn't tell you 'cause I though that you'd think I'm crazy", " Yeah, No, No, it's crazy, so crazy" I tell her.

"The thing is the girl that got locked in the mausoleum eventually got out. she never stopped trying to get revenge on the girls who put her in there" Just then there was a light Buzz and all the light's went out causing everyone ( All the girls) to scream.

Quinn stood up "What happened?", "Dude, the light's went out, it's probably someone messing with us" Flash explained, "No, the speaker's went out, so it's a power outage" Rooney argued, "If's it's a power outage, the whole block might be out" Rhyme added, "A power outage right in the middle of a story? No, something's going on." Quinn Exclaimed, " Right it's the escaped Ghost Girl from the story Ooh..." Jesse said sarcastically.

"Don't be mean" Rhyme told him " we can just figure out a way to get the light's back on , Where did Robbie go?", " He went to get another Drink" Astrid answered " Maybe he turned the light's out as a joke" She suggested, Flashed called out into the darkness " Hey, Robbie you can stop messing with us man, you got us ... Robbie?". But there wasn't an answer. There was a would crash that followed " What was that noise?" Quinn asked as Rhyme held onto her, " I'm sure he just dropped something, it's dark" Astrid tried saying calmly.

"Okay, then one of us needs to go and help him find the fuse box, Please" Said Rhyme. "No, We are staying together, you guys know what happens in scary movies when people split up?" Quinn argued, " This isn't a scary movie, Quinn" Rooney told her. Quinn sat on the crouch, Jesse had grabbed onto her shoulder and scared her "Rah!", Quinn was getting angry "Jesse! don't do that!".

"Sorry, she's too easy" Jesse laughed, "I'll go find Robbie and see if he needs help" Astrid must have gotten tired of us fighting and went out to find Robbie while we all stayed behind. We had found flashlight's and were passing them around. Me, Rhyme, and Quinn sat on the couch "where are they?" Quinn asked, "It probably just takes a long time to find a fuse box in the dark, Right guys?" Rhyme said. There was another loud bang and Quinn was now getting annoyed "Guys, this isn't funny anymore.". Astrid came back looking panicked " You Guys, Robbie isn't here, and I think someone's outside". " We're gonna die" I exclaim, " what?, no Robbie wouldn't leave his own party" Jesse said.

"Well, I looked everywhere. and then I heard voices outside", Flash has dialed his number but he didn't answer " He's not answering his phone, either". " You know, maybe it's just Johnny or Robbie's jerk cousin maybe they convinced Robbie to freak us out, so he's hiding outside and making noises" Rhyme suggested, "Yeah, that makes sense" Stephine agreed. " I don't know, I looked but didn't see anyone" Astrid said fearful, There were three slow knocks, " Is that...?"Rhyme asked, " Knocking" Astrid finished her sentence" You guys heard that too, right?", Stephanie sat next to Rooney who were both on the floor " Yes, we heard it" Rooney said as she stood up " You know what? I've had enough of this, I'm going out there myself", Stephanie joined Rooney " I'll go with you" and they both left. " You guys" We all looked at Quinn who had her phone out , "What?" Rhyme asked, " that's not Robbie's Cousin, he just posted a pic with Johnny four minutes ago, they're at a Millwood party".

There was another loud crash and Quinn stood up "Okay this is Crazy. I'm not staying in here to die", " Your the one that told us to stick together" Jesse reminded her, "Yeah, well it's all of us for ourselves now, sorry I'm going out there" Quinn stood up and I followed her "I wanna come" I told her , she turned to flash " Okay, Flash you wanna come?", Flash looked confused " Why me?" he asked, " And not me?" Jesse asked her, "Because Flash is taller" she explained to him. Flash stood up and we followed Quinn into the hallway.

As we entered a hallway I spoke up " Just so you know Flash that if something jumps out at me, I'm going to throw you into the line of fire", " Oh that's good to know" Flash said sarcastically "Robbie?, Where are you man? this is getting a little bit old" Flash called out, "Flash, Em what is this?" Quinn asked, Flash walked closer to the drape that was pinned to the wall. He had unpinned one part, once it fell there were words on the wall that spelled NO ONE IS SAFE We all stepped back in fear. " Oh my god" Flash cured, " No, No ,No!" Quinn began to Panic as we all ran out of the room. As we ran into the other room we ran into Rooney and Stephine witched caused all of the girls to scream. Soon Astrid and Arthur found us " what's happening?" she asked us, "someone is messing with us. they wrote that message on the wall" Quinn cried. Astrid looked at the Wall" I've seen this before" she said, " This is so messed up" Stephanie. Astrid turned around and her face went pale " what is.." Astrid before she could continue talking, we all looked to where Astrid was pointing. There was a figure standing there, "that's a good one, Robbie" Rooney told him But it was too short to be Robbie." Robbie, stop I seriously can't handle it anymore" Quinn cried.

" I have a feeling Robbie's taller than that" Arthur commented. The Figure lunged at us and we all screamed and ran back to where Rhyme and Jesse were. The figure had followed us, when we were all in the room Jesse stood in front of us while we were all huddled together." That's defiantly not Robbie" Jesse said, "Astrid is that..." But before Quinn could finish, I stayed near the back kinda behind Flash still ready to throw him to the danger, the figure got closer, Rhyme had her arm's on Astrid's shoulder's as we all moved backwards slowly , trying to get away from the approaching figure. Just then the Figure started to Dance, " What?" I ask, "Um, what's going on now?" Jesse asked, The figure reached for there hood, When it was off it was Harmony. "Harmony" me and Rhyme said at the same time, "How- you did this" Rhyme said as Astrid began to laugh." Oh, you guys fell for it" She laughed, " You're a sociopath, both of you" Quinn said, "You really are a criminal mastermind" Stephanie said, "Ready?" Astrid asks her as they both do our handshake." That was so good" Harmony laughed. Rooney nodded her head " Yeah, that was good" But Quinn and Rhyme shook there heads, everyone seemed to calm down a lot more.