Chapter 22 : State

We were all there backstage ready to go and get ready. I could tell that everyone was nervous but the look's in there eyes. Me and Ezra decided to just be best friends until I was ready but I could still tell that he was heart broken , " Ok , we only have a little time before we go on" said T.k " How are you guys feeling?" , " Nervous" I said rubbing my stomach , " Honestly I'm freaking out" said Frankie , " There's no time to be freaking out" said Birdie , " Birdie I hate to break it to you but we're all freaking out" said Quinn , Naomi said "True story" , Birdie looked at all of us " Are you guys seriously doing this to me now" she said , "Listen up , you guys are the Chicken girls and boy and today we're here to show everybody that we're a big deal" said Birdie " and for the past few weeks we've been together , Frankie I realized that you've taught us girls a few dance moves and Naomi , I feel like you've been here all along".

" So we're gonna fly together lie birds of a feather" she said " Because that's just what we do, is everybody in?" she asked and we all nodded , "In" said Kayla and we got into a group hug , We all walked onto the floor , " This is --" Rhyme was going to say " Major" finished Frankie , " Hey Rhyme Emma, good luck" said Paul, I nodded " Yeah you too"." Don't even think about it" said Birdie , just the a voice rang and said " Welcome to the 2018 Dance Championships , Next up is Crown Lake" , and Crown lake went on , they danced okay , at the end the head girl ended up falling , I cringed as the audience reacted , " All right , next up we have Millwood, all right Millwood show us what you got" said the caller , I looked in the audience and I saw Ezra , he was watching the dance as if he had to study it. I didn't think he saw me but I just smiled and looked back as Millwood , the dance as if they were cheerleaders. At the end the crowd was cheering Millwood " Alright thank you Millwood". Birdie was pacing I the locker room " I know I'm not suppose to say this but Millwood was actually really good and it's killing me" explained Birdie , Quinn turned around " But earlier yo said-" " Silence Quinn , I need silence" Birdie yelled.

" Don't worry she gets like this" said Kayla to the Newbies , "all that matters is that we beat Power Surge and , ugh , I don't want Luna to run that in our faces" said Birdie , " Birdie we're gonna be fine" said Rhyme , " We're not gonna fine , that doesn't cut it, come one Rhyme" said Birdie and she followed." I'm gonna get some air" said T.k , " And now it is time for Power Surge" said the voice , I could still hear in while in the locker room , I stood next to Quinn , "Ow!" said Naomi grabbing her leg , " You ok?" asked Kayla , "I don't know" she said "I think I pulled a muscle it really hurts" she said , " But you'll still be able to perform, right?" asked Quinn , " I don't know , it feel's really bad" she said , " Well you're gonna walk it off and you're gonna be fine" said Birdie , she wasn't gonna lose no matter what , " Are we clear?" she asked , "I-I'll try my best" she stammered , " Good shake it off" she said.

We were all on the floor waiting but Naomi wasn't there , " Where's Naomi?" asked Quinn " I don't know, I told her to walk it off, not to walk away forever" said Birdie , The adducer came from behind the certain " Can we have Attaway's eighth dancer please report to the stage?" , "What are we supposed to do?" asked Rhyme " I'm not putting o the Chicken suit again" said T.k , He walked right up to the guy " Hey , um , she'll be right out she's just in the bathroom" , The guy shook his head and gave him a look. Naomi had appeared right behind me and we were ready to dance , as we went on and danced I saw that Ezra was smiling , as he watched me, I smiled back. When we had finished Dancing and we walking to the Locker room " I can't believe we pulled that off" said Kayla ," That was amazing" said Quinn , "No matter what happens we did our best" said Rhyme " that was awesome" I said , " As long as our best is better than Power Surge" said Birdie , " Guy's there's something I have to say" said Naomi , "I'm a mole for Power Surge" , " You have a mole?" asked Birdie , " No , I'm a mole , like a spy" she said, You're a snitch" I told her, " Luna told me that if I spied on you guys all season , I could be a part of Power Surge", " What?" asked Birdie , "How could you do this to us?" asked Kayla , " I didn't I the end, I didn't, I told Luna I couldn't betray you guys, that you guys are my friends" , Birdie shook her head " That's still pretty low" , " I know and that's why before you fire me , I'm quitting, I'm not ready for this level of Competition , but whatever happens , good luck Chicken Girls" she said as she walked away , "Um , this might not be the best time to say this , but the track team asked me to come back and do the pole vault, so I'm leaving the team too" said Frankie ," Is this really happening?" asked Birdie as she looked at us , "Um , well , I still love you guys, Chicken boy for life" he said as he did a hand signal , we all just turned and walked away.

"The judges have made their decisions , as you can see I have our team captains here on the stage with me , However I must say that unfortunately as impressed with Millwood as the judges were , they have been disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct , no one likes a cheater young lady" he said to Autumn " all right here we go, in fifth place , Jefferson , Forth place , Ferndale , and in third place , a town I would like to spend a lot more time in , Crown lake! , now can I please get the remaining two finalists to come join me center stage , this is the moment that we've been waiting for , and your 2018 champions are Power Surge" he said and the audience clapped and cheered.

"So , now that state's over , we have nothing to look forward to" said Birdie ," We still have the spring fling" said Rhyme , "The girls ask the guys right?" asked Quinn , " Yeah" I said , " Spring fling is gonna be more stressful than state" said Rhyme. Harmony was in the background talking to the women who had given her the card all the way back in L.A, Harmony had gotten the part , " News flash" said Tim as he walked in , " You guys and not going to believe what Tim just broke" said Ellie , " What's going on?" asked Rhyme " Well it turns out that Robin Robbins use to Exploit bands all throughout Attaway In the '80s, just to well jump start her own career" said Ellie.

"Whoa" said Birdie , "wait how did you find this out?" asked Kayla ,just then the door opened and in walked Robin Robbins "Well , what do we have here?" she asked , "Hello , Roberta" said Tim's mom , "Ooh , you've gotten ... old" she said , " and you're still heartless" She said , " Timothy , your little journalism career is about to come to a end" she said , "You're gonna be slapped with a lawsuit at the end of the day".

"See , Robin , um with enough research I was able to find one person who didn't sign you NDA" said Tim , " Everyone of you is bound by law not to talk" said Robin ," But not.." Tim said and in walked Ellie's dad , " Hello Robin" he said as he kissed Tims moms forehead. " Damien" she said ,"You know , as much as I'd like to say it's good to see you again, I'd be lying and that would be a bad example for the kids , so I'm gonna hold off on that for now" he said , " Yeah , you did trick all our parents into signing your contract but your former business partner didn't sign anything" said Tim , " Okay , you may have won this round, but this is far from over" Robin said " It just happens that I sighed your little friends The Overnights to a ten year contract, see the unknows in this town , they could care less about the past ,they care about the record deal " said Robin confidently "you may still have your career but we still have each other" said Miss McAllister.

They both held up there bracelets "That's right" said Damien , and Robin held up heir's she walked away and out the door." Oh my god , Oh- so - so you guys are really the original Chicken Girls?" asked Ellie , "well , back then , we actually called the Featherettes" said Tim's mom. " The Featherettes, that bring back a lot of memories" said Ellie's dad " Ace , can I see that Guitar?" he asked , He then began to play our song but on the guitar. We all sang " Listen up now , listen to me , my girls are my fam , my family , stronger in numbers it's no wonder ,watch out world watch and you'll see , there's no stopping just and our gang , come back come back for ya , like a boomerang , we fly so high , we fly together , fly together , we are a girl gang like birds of a feather, birds of a feather".

When we had to go home I saw that Ezra was waiting outside for me , " Hey" I said , he smiled ' Hey", " I see that your leaving" he said I nodded " Yeah , hey , you know you can come to Attaway and visit" I told him he smiled " Yeah I'll keep that in mind" I smiled and kissed his check and went into van ready to go home to Attaway. Next year I would be starting High school and I was ready for anything.

O grew out of dance and I wanted to be apart of musical theater , but I didn't want to sing so I would be come a T.A , I had found out that there was one T.A stop and one stop of a stage manager and so I took the T.A spot, I hadn't told them about my decision yet. Dance is what brought us together but I knew I had to find my path somewhere else and it wasn't in dance.