"You're tensing up again," Aiden whispered.

So much for hiding it.

Once again, I relaxed my shoulders and gave him an apologizing smile.

He laughed at my attempt at not making things awkward. It was so clear I was failing.

To my surprise, Aiden—out of nowhere—ran his fingers through my hair and fluffed it to up at the top. I gave him a confused look, and he responded with a quiet laugh.

"You're single; you might as well look presentable to your someone so they don't see how trashy you usually look," he teased. My jaw dropped wide open. "I'm never dropping that, by the way."

♡ ♡ ♡

Okay, I can't deny that it did bother me a little bit about how some people were whispering about me just because I broke up with Tessa. I swear I even heard a boy say, "I'm just surprised that he was the one to break up with her." I'd be lying if I said I didn't mentally throw a rock at his head.

Tessa and Vanessa gave Aiden and me an icy glare each time we walked past each other. They seriously needed to learn how to not be petty as hell after a breakup. It was so predictable anyway. Tessa can't have actually thought that I liked hanging around with her after all those uncomfortable faces I made when she put her arm around me.

"This feels so much better," Serena said, opening her arms around our five-person table. "So empty. Just people that I can spill my feelings too."

"Hopefully not too much," Andrew muttered, absolutely done being the friend in the group who dealt with love even when we never let him tell us about his love life. If he had one.

"Shut up, there's gotta be someone you like too," Serena said. She read my mind.

Andrew's gaze was pushed off to the side, almost like someone immediately came to mind. "No one," he murmured.

"Then who the hell did you just look at?" she asked, her voice loud. She whipped her head around to look behind her then looked directly back at him. "Oh my God, tell us!"

"I said, it's no one," he said with a firmer tone.

I looked at the spot Serena did, where my eyes suddenly grazed over Jack and Allison. They still made me want to barf.

"Why don't you go bug Vincent about his someone?" Aiden suggested.

I gave him a death glare and he gave me a devilish grin.

Inevitably, Serena's insane attention turned towards me. "Someone?" she asked. "Is that someone the reason you broke up with Tessa?"

"Maybe?"

"Oh my God, tell us!" she screamed again.

I let out a frustrated groan. This is not how I was planning on spending my first day of freedom.

♡ ♡ ♡

I wasn't surprised when I got home only to be greeted by my angry parents.

They were waiting for me by the island of the kitchen. It was plainly obvious that they were disappointed, giving off the same look they always gave me before throwing a lecture at my face.

I didn't exactly care about what they were going to say, more-so about how long the lecture would probably last, maybe an hour or so, which was just at its average. If they were mad at me, I wouldn't be surprised.