{ 10 }

« 8/26/18 - 9:46 a.m. »

carter's style ^^ ;)

"Damn, I can't believe that we have to start working on the biology project today," Andrew groans, putting his head between his arms. "And with Serena? God, Vincent, maybe your-"

I kick Andrew's leg before he could continue and tell everyone else at our table about that premonition dream of mine.

We were at lunch, yeah, it was way too early for lunch but that's how our school worked, and we were sitting with Jack and Aiden. I sat next to Jack while Aiden was beside Andrew. To be honest, I was surprised that Andrew even thought about sitting with us than with his usual table, the jocks. I just couldn't ignore the looks he got for being with Jack and me.

Ever since the beginning of the day, Jack acted as if his anger towards me from the week before went away, or never existed in the first place. Shockingly, he even decided walking with Aiden and me to school. The only thing that didn't change was the disgusting chemistry between him and Allison. Why didn't he notice how pissed off that made me?

Startling me out of my thoughts, Carter's loud voice rang in my ear.

He jumped towards us and sat on top of the table, directly in between me and Andrew.

"What's up, Daniels?" Andrew said, reaching his hand out to do a guy handshake with Carter.

Then he spun around on the table, jumping off to look at all four of us. It was so smooth it looked like a stunt.

Flashing a charming smile at us, he puts his hands on the table and crosses his legs. "You guys coming to my party?" Carter asks.

"Why wouldn't we?" Andrew says enthusiastically

Carter winks at us. "My mans," he laughs. Then he looks at Aiden. "What about football tryouts? Are you coming with Andrew and me?"

Aiden smiles. "Obviously, but I can't convince Vinnie to go with me."

Carter turns towards me and looks me up and down. "Vincent's more of a track person. Fast as hell. But Jack, he doesn't do sports."

Jack shrugs. "I'm not athletic at all."

"See?" Carter says.

He ruffles Jack's hair and pulls away, winking at me.

Carter hasn't interacted with me that much since sixth-grade when he was pushing me up against my locker and saying shit about me.

"Don't forget, it's on Friday," he shouts. "Be there at eight!" Carter yells louder, so every freshman in the lunchroom could hear. I caught a few people taking videos too, just to spread the word.

The person who stood out, though, was Serena. Fuck, she was a girl in love.

Then biology. Apparently, this week was for brainstorming. Each group of partners had to decide on an aquatic animal to learn about and present. From how they live to their scientific name and even one week will be focusing on their insides and shit like that. The study of life is never something I wanted to learn. Life is boring enough. We're all gonna die anyway.