{ 18 }

« 9/13/18 - 2:11 p.m. »

sing happy birthday in ur head for aiden bc why not

♡ ♡ ♡

"Why wouldn't you tell me that it was your birthday?" I burst. "I would've gotten something for you."

A blush breaks across his cheeks. Aiden puts his phone down and smiles. "You gave me enough at the arcade."

The way he looked down at his feet when he spoke was heavenly. I wish he'd do that more.

"Was this why you had all that family over on Saturday?"

"Yeah," he told me.

"Damn. I gotta get you something."

Aiden smiles again and spreads out his arm on my shoulder.

The scent of his t-shirt filled my sense of smell, the aroma of lavender. For a moment, I let myself snuggle my head into the side of his neck, but backed away immediately. I forgot for a second that Aiden didn't like me back.

When we walked up to his driveway, he never really took his arm off of me, instead resting his wrists on my shoulders. His eyes were locked on mine, causing the eye-contact to be inevitable. "If you want to do something special for my birthday, we'll do something this Friday."

Aiden's head tilts to the side, moving his face closer to mine. Only inches away. "But," he continues in a whisper. "No family. No friends. Just us."

This time, he puts his arms around me and gives me a hug. It was out of nowhere, but it felt nice. He was warm.

When we took our arms off each other, we walked away slowly. His hands slid off of mine, lasting from the palm to my fingertips when our hands fell away in a perfect manner.

"Bye, A," I say.

"Later."

♡ ♡ ♡

And so I texted Andrew about everything. It only felt right. I told him everything from when I found out it was Aiden's birthday to the time he so nearly kissed me. If only he did.

Andrew celebrated by typing in all-caps. Though there was probably a bored face behind the phone, his comments pumped me up.

I wanted to talk to Andrew about the premonition dream but I feel like it'd be too awkward, considering not too long ago he told me that Aiden isn't gay. Plus we made out-that's something I can't say out loud without feeling mortified. I missed it. I had that feeling of his lips on mine when I was sleeping in his house that one night but now it's just gone. It may be wrong, but I want it back.

My door slams open and a sudden crashing sound came from behind me. I've never turned my phone off and threw it onto the bed so fast. If whoever was at the door saw my conversation with Andrew, I would never want to leave my room ever again.

I take a glance towards my bedroom door and saw James leaning against the frame, a smile on his face that said he was suspicious.

"Let me guess," he started, walking towards my bed and sitting at the end of it. I knew he noticed my cheekbones go red. "You like someone."