{ 19 }

« 9/16/18 - 2:30 p.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

"Remind me again, Andrew, why you have to look nice?" Aiden asked. "They're gonna be over in like five minutes."

Andrew brushes his hair back again. "Because they're girls," he pushed. "You always have to look good in front of girls."

"Yes," I cut in sarcastically. "Girls that you said you don't like because they're not your type. And I'm a hundred percent sure they don't like you either."

"Yeah, well, maybe I'll give a good impression. Do you mind fixing my bed real quick too-"

"Andrew!" I laughed. Aiden lets out a loud burst of laughter following me.

"Do you want me to have a messy bed when girls are over? I don't think so!"

I took a seat on Andrew's office chair and lay my head on the backrest. The bedroom looked a lot different than it was that night I got drunk at Carter's party, also known as the day I started dating Tessa, which I regret by hundreds.

Aiden sat across from me, on Andrew's bed, as we watched him get ready for the girls to come. I've been sneaking casual glances at him and only once I've seen him lock eyes too.

I'm still not sure why we agreed to this whole hanging out-thing with Serena and Lily. I've never been friends with them. I've rarely ever talked to them. But yet we're about to have them over for a whole three hours or so. What would we even talk about?

Aiden grabbed his phone and sighed. "They'll be here in two minutes," he said. "How much more do you have to do?"

"Hey, at least both of you don't have to worry about looking good in front of girls-" Andrew cut off so quick that the suspicion and tension in the room rose to a peak that I didn't feel comfortable with. It was a good thing he knew when he was saying too much or too little. This time it was definitely too much.

"And why is that?" I mutter. Aiden and I share unwanted glances.

Typical Andrew, he tried changing the topic but was interrupted when the doorbell went off throughout the house. All three of us ran just to reach the front door before Andrew's parents could, soon finding out that we were too late when we heard the door fly open, and two adults saying welcome to Lily and Serena, just like any proper mom and dad would.

The three of us stood back, at the top of the staircase while we watched Lily and Serena be all sweet and sugary to Andrew's parents. When the comment from his dad came, "Are either of you dating my son?" Aiden and I couldn't help but laugh while Andrew's face turned a deep red.

Because our laughter was so loud, the four at the door turned to look up at us, including his dad. "What?" he teased. "You haven't had a girl over in months." The rest of us burst out in laughter, especially Serena and Lily.

"You guys suck," I heard Andrew mumble almost incoherently.

"We know," everyone says back.

Andrew groans and stumbles back to his bedroom while the rest of us stood there in short silence.

Andrew's dad, finally giving a pat on Serena's shoulder, said, "Well, you ought to do whatever. Andrew said you guys had a project in Biology, so have at it."

"Thank you, Mr. Rodriguez," Serena says with a prissy voice.

Finally, the two girls ran up the stairs where Aiden and I stood, Andrew still locked away in his bedroom from embarrassment. We hugged each other while saying our 'hi's.