{ 28 }

« 9/30/18 - 7:13 a.m. »

♡ ♡ ♡

Thursday.

No one knew it, but I spent the last few days planning out exactly how I wanted this to happen. I didn't want it to be too harsh, but I also didn't want her to refuse or some shit. Not like she'd react like that anyway.

I sat in the commons with Aiden-which was daily now-and couldn't take my eyes off the girl. She'd be pissed. I knew she would.

"Hey," Aiden said, tilting his head into the only view I had of Tessa. "It's not like everyone's gonna hate you for breaking up with her."

He was the only person I told about all of this since Andrew was too caught up dealing with Serena's boy problems that he never had the time to talk anymore.

"Not everyone, but a lot of people," I corrected.

"Who cares? It's Tessa," Aiden said, giving me a matter-of-fact look. I knew I should trust him, but I wasn't in the right state of mind to trust. "Remember what you told me on the first week here?" he asked. When I didn't answer, he continued, "In high-school, no one cares about anyone but themselves and their friends. This isn't middle-school, Vinnie."

"Not everyone treats situations like these maturely," I muttered.

He pushed himself up from the floor. "Whatever, scootch."

I gave him space on the tiny windowsill.

There was silence for a while. Except, this time, it was comfortable.

"The other day when we were at Serena's place and you said you were thinking about someone," Aiden started. I averted my gaze from him to outside. If we made eye contact, I knew he'd easily read me. "Are they the reason you're breaking up with her?"

"I don't know," I said, watching the cars pass by. "Maybe one of the two."

"What's the second?"

"I can't tell you that," I said quietly.

It's not like I was about to just blankly put it out there and be like, Oh, because Tessa was a drunk mistake since I never actually asked her out. Also, she's clingy as hell and doesn't have a wiener. But I think that just about clears it.

"Can you at least tell me who the someone is?" he then asked.

I shook my head slowly, still trying to avoid eye contact. Maybe I made it a little obvious, but even if I did, he hadn't caught up to it yet.

"It's not Serena or Lily, right?"

"Hell no," I told him. "But you know the person."

"I know a lot of people, Vinnie, I'm never gonna figure this out."

"That's the point."

Aiden rested his head back onto the wall with exasperation and looked out the window with me.

Expecting to make him even more mad than I already have, I stole the phone he held loosely in his hand, but there was no intense reaction.