{ 15 }

« 9/10/18 - 6:05 p.m. »

*aiden's p.o.v.*

♡ ♡ ♡

The side of the game had the words "Don't Look Behind You" on it. I was always a fan of horror games. I thought it was perfect to have Vinnie experience it with me. I grabbed him by the hand, like always, and pulled him over to the booth.

There were black-tinted see-through curtains on it. Around it was a bunch of gory images and streaks of blood and chains and a decomposing hand.

As I walked inside, I saw Vinnie freeze up behind me. His hands were in his pockets and he was just staring at the booth. His lips were slightly parted, and his eyes showed nervousness.

"You okay?" I ask.

Immediately, his gaze snaps back towards me. "Yeah," he mumbles, so quiet I could barely hear it. "I'm just . . . not a fan of horror."

Oh. "Well, we can always go to another game if you want-"

"No," he interrupts. "This is fine."

"Really?"

"For you . . . I guess"

The ends of my lips tilt upward, also making me blush. I couldn't control myself around him. That's why when I found out Andrew told Vinnie what happened that one summer night, I forced him to convince Vinnie it was just a dream that he had. I can't believe Andrew really came out to Vinnie for me.

In a matter of seconds, Vinnie and I were in the booth, putting our tokens in the slots of both sides.

"What are these?" I hear Vinnie ask. I turn to look at him holding a pair of 3D glasses.

"Uh, 3D glasses?" I say.

"No, I mean, why are they in here?" he asks again, this time louder.

"Did you not read the side of the booth?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "All of this is in 3D, Vinnie."

When I said that, his face started to turn into one of the scared puppy dog eyes that my old dog would have whenever I'd take him to the bath. Why did Vinnie have to look so cute?

I laugh at him but he just stares wide-eyed at me. All he could produce were nervous chuckles.

I take the glasses from my side of the booth and put it on.

"Well?" I say. "What are you waiting for?"

Slowly, Vinnie puts his glasses on to. I could see him scooching closer to me for comfort as we held the blasters provided for the game. His knee was now rubbing against mine, but it honestly made me happy. Being closer to him always made me happy.

By pressing the right trigger of the blaster, the video game starts. Immediately, we're transferred to a new screen of us in a rotting insane asylum bedroom. It was filled with other children sleeping in their bed plus ourselves. But we were just in the middle of waking up. And the other children, well, they were dead. Their bodies were sitting there and rotting. How did they die? I don't know, but I guess we'll find out.

Both of us stood up from our beds and walked through the rows of dead children. We continued until we found the door out into the hallways.

From the corner of my eye, I could see something walk past me. I could tell Vinnie saw it too, when I felt him jump beside me.

We walked around, side by side, waiting for a jumpscare. The level we were on didn't hold anything interesting, so we decided to walk up the stairs to a more dimly lit level. The lights were flickering, but it was nothing I wasn't used to. (Me being a horror fanatic and such). There were also smears of blood on the wall, saying the creepiest phrases. Vinnie was getting closer and closer to me by the second.