Chapter Twenty-Six: Curses to Mutter

Start from the beginning

"You might be a significant pain, annoyance, ugly troll, insignificant wanker-" I interrupt him before he can continue his long list of insults.

"Riddle." I scowl, giving him a look.

"- and the most infuriating, godawful person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting-" He continues, ignoring me entirely. "But, even I can't deny your obvious power and mastery of magic." He spits the last words out like he couldn't believe he was saying them. He continued to have a sour expression on his face, glaring at me.

My grin grows. "Thank you." I chirp, clapping my hands in glee. I was holding this over his head for the next couple of years. By the lethal look of hate on his face, it looked like he knew it too.

"So whip. Use your magic like a whip." I order him, causing him to glare at me. "What's the easiest way of doing it?" He scowls.

I purse my lips thinking for a second and then my eyes widen as I get an idea. "Lumos," I say and fling a ball of light into my fingers. Tom watches me, a predatory look in his eyes. "So you see this? This has magic in it, of course." I muse. "If you look closely at it, you can see the little specks of magic that lie in the light." I hold it close and genuinely, you could see the magic I usually wielded. Tom wears an appreciative look on his face.

"So just focus your inner magic on the magic in your hand. It gets easier with practice." I say and then stare at it, unfolding the ball of light in my palm by controlling the magic inside. The light sputters out, and the ball of light it'd once been stretched out into a wave of sparkling beautiful twinkling magic. I wave my hand, and it starts to fly around us, encircling us.

"After you can do that, the spells I did before will be easy to do."

He nods, soaking up the information I told him eagerly. He flicks his palm open, and I see a ball of light appear in his palm. He stares at it brow creasing in concentration.

He looks up at me in frustration after a minute and my mind whirls for a second. "Order it," I tell him and he raises a brow in question.

"Order the magic to move," I demand, playing to Tom's strengths. He was a natural-born leader. Tom tilts his head to the side, deep in thought, and then he stares at the ball of light in his palm.

"Move." He snarls, and I can hear the raw power in his voice and see the intense look in his eyes. I watch, intrigued as the ball of light sputters out, similar to how mine did. It collapses into a heap on his palm. With a swish of his hand, the magic flies around us, joining in with my own.

"Excellent!!" I beam at him. Tom wore a look of arrogance and pride on his face. My first time doing something like that went about similar to his. I wasn't going to tell him that I had got it on my third try, while he got it on his second. He'd never let me live it down.

"Yours was dark magic," Tom states suddenly, and I nod, allowing the dark waves to surface from my palms.

"It's the exact same concept." I murmur, watching as the darkness flowed around us and through my fingertips, like water.

"Try conjuring pure magic from your hands instead of using Lumos first. Then we'll work on dark magic if you really want to." I cringe a bit.

I was teaching the future Lord Voldemort how to do dark magic. Lovely.

He does it without a second thought, and I couldn't help but admire the raw talent and power the boy in front of me had.

"Next." He smirks at me, making me roll my eyes.

"Same thing Riddle. Just use dark magic instead of the usual." I tell him, and he scowls.

I see him mutter a spell, and once I see the flames erupt from his hands, I'm throwing myself to the side. The curse flies out of Tom's palm and causes a tree to explode behind us.