When I still lived with John I always had plasters to make sure that if he hurt me too bad I'd be able to sort it out but since I got here just earlier today I have no clue where anything is.

I take another deep breath and open the door going down the staircase. I also hide my hand behind my back just to be cautious.

When the Daly brothers see me they look at me apologeticly because they knew I heard what they were saying.

"Avery we're sor-"

"Do you know where I can get a plaster?" I asked interrupting Damon.I brought my hand out behind my back.
"I need one."

"What the hell?" Eli says loudly. Even though he's on the other side of the room I still flinch but quickly hide the sudden action by putting on my facade again.

I look around to make sure that no one saw but unluckily for me the twins are looking at me suspiciously and I know that they saw.

"I fell." I simply said. This was one of the worst lies that I've said. Like who the hell falls and hurts their hand this badly.

"Here let me help." Will says going to take my hand but I move so that he only touches the air. He brings his hand back.

"Sorry." Will says but I just stare at him blankly.

"Mom and Dad will be back soon. You better get her cleaned up quickly before they come or Mom will die of a heart attack. You know how she is." Jesse said to Will.

This time Will asks for permission before taking my hand and I decline preffering to follow behind him instead. He brings me to another room that leads to a kitchen and turns on the tap. I don't even bat an eyelid when I put my hand under the cold water.

He gives me some tissue paper and I dry my hand. He then reaches into a cupboard and takes a disinfectant. It hurts a little but I don't show it. After he gets a plaster and puts it on my hand.

"Be careful next time OK?" Will said.

I nod my head and follow him out of the kitchen. Soon a door opens and in walk an enderly couple. Mr and Ms Daly.

"Avery! You're here!" Ms Daly squeals excitedly. She rushes over to me and gives me a hug and I shut my eyes and take a deep breath trying not to panic.

If you haven't noticed yet again I hate when people touch me because of John. It's called haphephobia fear of physical touch. I know I have a lot of phobias but being through what I have you would too.

She let's go when she notices my discomfort. "Sorry Avery. I'm just so happy. Finally there'll be a girl in the house."

I just stare at her and feel bad that I don't smile. It's been a long time since I did and I feel bad that I'm probably not going to be the daughter she wishes she had.

"It's OK I know. Don't worry in your own time when you feel confortable you'll be able to open up and I promise that we will still want you around." Ms Daly whispers to me I look at Mr Daly and he nods his head. Since he was close to us he heard what she said and I felt slightly better.

"I'm Mr Daly and she's Ms Daly but please call us Sheila and Mike. " Mike says and I nod my head again in response. "How about we all go have some dinner."

We all go to another room which is the dining room and it looks very nice.

Will had made some pasta and it tasted heavenly. As we ate they all tried to make some small talk with me. They asked questions like do you like school and I answered with no. Do I have any hobbies? I answered yes since I like writing, reading and music. And they continued asking lots and lots of questions.

AlmostOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara