° S I X °

A week has went by and I've started to slightly get more comfortable with the Daly family.

The twins and I hang out a lot but that's because we're the same age. I've also gotten closer to Will, he's taught me how to cook different things and it's really fun. Not that I show I'm having fun that is.

Jesse and I have gotten closer too, he showed me how to use his police equipment like hand cuffs and a tazer. He even bought me pepper spray just in case something happens so I always have it on me when I go out.

Eli has driven me around in most of the cars in the garage and it's really fun. He even said that soon if I want he can teach me how to drive and I'm really excited about that. Again not that I show that I am excited.

Sheila and I even do mother/daughter things together we went and got our nails done at a nail salon and even promised me that next time we go out together we can have a spa day.

It's sad that I never got to do that with my actual mother but what can I say? Life's a B.

Mike and I watch basketball matches since basketball is one of my favourite sports.

My only problem now is Damon. He doesn't talk to me, not even a glance in my direction. I've tried starting small talk but he only says one word answers. I do the same to everyone else so I guess I can't say much.

"Avery!" Sheila yelled from downstairs. I was in my room watching Netflix.

I went downstairs to see what she wanted and saw that everyone was there too.

"Avery school will be starting soon in less than a week." Sheila said.

I nod my head. School. I hate school. I curse the person who invented school he or she must've been high on drugs when they came up with the idea.

"I put you into the same school as the boys and of course you'll be a sophomore like the twins. I also put your name down as Avery Daly. Is that OK?" Sheila looked at me worried that I might be upset that she didn't put my actual name.

"It's fine." I said looking at her. Even though I didn't smile hopefully she could see that it was really fine.

She clapped her hands in delight. "That's great! So tomorrow you and the twins can go shopping for school stuff!"

I nodded my head and stood up to go but Sheila stopped me.

"Here." She handed me a small wrapped box.

I took it from her hands and stared at in confusion. "What is it?"

"Open it and you'll see." Benji said eagerly.

Following his instructions I opened the box.

I almost smiled when I saw the phone. Almost. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Sheila came over to my side and hugged me and I awkwardly patted her back not knowing what to do.

"Benji and I will help you set it up." Alex offered and I nodded my head.

"Don't stay up too late." Mike says as we head up the stairs.

We go to my room and I sit on my bed making sure there's a bit of a distance between us. The twins both sit on the couch together and I give Benji the phone.

"You nervous for school to start?" Alex asks looking at me waiting for me to reply.

"A bit." I said keeping my answer short and my expression plain. I looked at Benji who was still fiddling around with my phone then I began playing with my fingers not knowing what to do or say next.