Chapter Twenty-Four: A Golden Cup

Start from the beginning

"You?" He scoffs. "There's no way. I am perfection itself. You can't attempt to mimic perfection." His voice was like silver, a knife cutting through everyone and everything it saw.

"Try me."

He stares me up and down, making me give him a stink eye. "You really are tremendously hideous." He curls his lip in loathing. I could feel the moisture forming at the back of my eyes. His words cut deep, but I smile at him.

"Teach me to apparate. We kill two birds with one stone."

"I'd just curse them." He retorts, eyes dismissing me.

"It's a metaphor!"

"I am going to enjoy seeing you splinched." He taunts, making me raise a brow.

"That'll happen because you made such an awful teacher." I taut back. He whips around to send me a murderous look, his face like porcelain.

"Dumbledore, I'm going to say this once... you mess this up, it'll be because of your utter mediocrity which will be highly amusing on my behalf."

I continue looking at him, so he continues, "The most important part is to remember the Three D's: Destination, Determination and Deliberation."

"So, I just picture myself going to the destination I want?" I ask him, eyes furrowing in concentration. He nods, grabbing my elbows, causing me to grip his forearms.

"Precisely. Project your magic outwards and then imagine yourself in Diagon Alley. I don't want you apparating to a place you've never seen before on your first time. You'll get us both killed."

"You're accompanying me?!" I almost screech, and he sneers at me. "Yes, so if you splintch me, I will burn your organs from the inside out." He says in that same calm voice.

"I teach you to apparate, and you show me how to heal broken bones in the same way you did during our fight with Grindelwald." He announces, making me nod.

"Don't mess up." He orders again.

"Thanks," I say, being sarcastic. "Those words of confidence are going to help me so much." I snap at him.

"Keep concentrating continually upon your destination," He orders me, and I close my eyes to concentrate harder.

"Move, without haste or second thought, but with deliberation." I hear his cool voice ring in my ears.

"Abaddon?" I think making my demon come forward.

"Nothing dreadful will happen when I'm with you, young one." He tells me, making my racing heart slow. "You and the Riddle boy are safe as long as I'm here."

I grip Tom's arms tighter, my relief plausible.

"Any day now." Tom drawls in a bored tone.

It hits us both without any warning. My magic slams into us, and we apparate. It felt like all the other times, I'd apparated.... like I was being squeezed into a tube too small.

My concentration never falters once and then all too quickly, we slam to the ground.

Diagon Alley.

We'd made it.

I open my eyes in a millisecond. I looked Tom up and down, checking for any missing limbs or body parts, then do the same to me.

"I did it?" I breathe, backing away from Tom in amazement. "Oh my god!! I DID it!!" I screech and jump up and down like an excited child.

I decided to check my abilities on my own and apparate a couple feet away. "WOW!!" I scream, twirling in delight. I rush up and engulf a startled Tom in a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I did it!!!" I squeal, jumping off him and doing a mini dance.