"Holy shit. I knew you were an asshole but damn, that's bad even for you."

Blake let his head fall back against the wall and sighed. "Tell me about it. So now she's pissed and I tried to talk to her but she's not having it. I don't know I think I'm going to try again after our recording session."

"You have any idea what you're going to say?"

"Not a fucking clue."

"Ah, so I see at least some things never change."

"Haha, something like that brother. We'll make time to hang out soon. Sorry, I haven't been around as much." Blake apologizes.

"No worries, man. Sounds like your plates been full, just miss having out with my best friend's all. Go get your girl."

"Gotta finish this fucking album first."

Blair moved a strand of her blonde hair back behind her ear and sighed as she stared down at the sheet music sprawled out in front of her. She was behind on her album and her mind being completely clouded by Blake was doing nothing to help her get any closer to done with it.

A light rap at the door to her studio space startled her and she looked up just in time for her eyes to meet his green ones.

"Hey." He said softly, stepping cautiously through the threshold.

"Hi." She offered. She didn't really feel like talking to him, but it wasn't like she was being productive otherwise.

"I'm sorry." He said, warily moving towards her.

Her shoulders fell and she moved from behind the piano she'd been working at towards the couch along the back wall of the space.

Blake seemed to catch the hint and followed her, assuming a position at the opposite end of the couch.

"Okay." She said finally.

"Okay?" He asked incredulously.

"Yeah, you said you're sorry and I'm saying, okay." She shrugged.

"You don't think you've done anything that might be apology worthy yourself?" He asked, his voice loud and his face showing his obvious annoyance.

"I made an innocent mistake that I apologized for. You made a calculated remark designed to hurt me. It's not the same." Her tone was unemotional and he was both crushed and enraged all at once.

"Are you fucking joking?" He said trying his hardest to not let the full force of his disdain filter through.

She only stared at him in response.

"Holy shit I came to apologize and try to make things better between us and you want to act as if you've done nothing wrong!"

"You told me you understand why my own fucking parents don't love me! You think some half-assed apology is going to suffice? You're delusional. I don't need this. I'm leaving, don't follow me." She stood quickly and moved towards the door.

She didn't give him time to argue or even to react. He looked up only seconds later and she was already gone.

Blair startled awake to the sound of someone knocking on her front door. A quick glance to her phone on her bedside table revealed it was after three AM.

Who would be at her door at this time of night?

If she was being honest, she had a pretty good idea, she just hoped he wasn't completely trashed and here to try and make amends. She needed time.

She breathed a heavy sigh before gazing through the peephole to spot Blake. He didn't appear drunk as she'd expected though. He instead appeared panicked and downright grim.

"Blake, do you know what t—" she stopped herself short as he came into view better.

His face was streaked with tears and he shook as he stood just outside the door of her apartment.

"What? What is it? What's happened?"

"It's Cash!" He said, moving forward into her waiting arms, his body convulsing from his sobs.

An: thoughts on all of that?

What's happened to Cash?

I've been (FINALLY) moving into my new house this week so I apologize in update delays but I'm doing my best!

This update was brought to you by my wattpad bff Sprinting_Ginger  and her love for me. Check out all her stories, we write very similarly and hers are sooooo good!

Vote and comment!

Ily
Sav🖤