Fugitives

Angelika's POV

Its been 3 days or so. Mingi and I have been traveling by a hot wired car to the edge of Tennessee. We eat once a day and conserve water as much as possible. But Unfortunately, during our 3 days non stop driving, we broke down and are currently on foot to a town called Nashville. The city of music as they used to call it, now a business and manufacturing city to its core. In fact it was more crowded and didn't seem like the town it once was back in pictures of the 2020s or 10s. As interesting as it was to me, we kept close and walked through the streets blending in with the crowds of people. I held tightly onto Mingi's backpack as people brushed pasted us all at various speeds. Randomly, Mingi stops and pulls me over to the side and looks to me glaring.
"Don't grab onto me so much, its annoying."
"Im sorry. Im just afraid to get lost and I don't really like big crowds.."
"Tsk, You'll be fine as long as you keep on eye on my back. Don't worry, lets just get out of this stupid city and catch that train in the next one."
"O-okay.." he begans walking agian and I followed suit holding onto the straps of my own backpack to give me a sense of security. As Mingi said, I kept an eye on his broad back and followed the best I could. That is until I began to lose my place as people began to push their way in and pick up speed. Soon within a blink of an eye Mingi was gone and nowhere to be seen. I panicked as I continued to walk along the crowded street. I wanted to call out to him, but If I did I would expose his identity and accidentally alert any authorities around.
What do I do!?
I began to breathe heavily and look frantically around me. That is until I spot a familiar face scanning the crowd from an outside bar.
Lucas.
He sat there holding a pistol in one hand and a drink in the other simply watching passersbys.
The second I stare at his face, he makes eye contact like a Lion to its prey. The boy gets up immediately from his chair and begans fast walking towards me. At that moment, I began to push myself in the opposite direction. I didn't care if he saw that I was running from him. That was until I reached a sudden conclusion within my mind at the edge of a dark alley way. What If he is here to kill me? I mean he clearly had a gun in his hand. Why else would he carry it? Maybe father wants me dead instead, im sure by now Lucas knows Im a criminal just like the rest of them. Why not just let him. I mean maybe Its better that way, at least for Mingi's sake.
And so I decided to stand there listening to everything around me. Even when heavy foot steps followed behind me I prepared to let Lucas shoot me down like a deer. When I felt a hand grab me forcefully, I took a deep breath and swung my head to look him in the eyes. But it wasn't Lucas's. No.
It was Mingi.
"Where the fuck do you think your going!? I told you not to leave my site!"
"I-. Lucas." I said softly. Mingi looks back to see Lucas searching the crowd slowly walking over to us. He looks back at me and rolls his eyes annoyed.
"I have an Idea. But its not a pretty one." Suddenly like a switch, Mingi pushes me against the wall and gently grabs my face leaning into me.
"M-Mingi-" I whisper shout placing my hands on his chest. And without hesitation the boy begans to kiss me passionately. As be begans to do that, I can see Lucas walking towards us.. And since he almost caught me last time sinply with brief eye contact, I shut them closed. I was so scared he'd come after Mingi, I surrounded myself in my own darkness. It was unusual to me because all I could feel was the sensation of Mingi nibbling at my lip and both of our breathing slowly becoming staggered. Without a warning, He grabs my ass which makes me gasp. The red headed boy takes this as an opportunity to place his tongue into the inside of my mouth. After a bit, Mingi stops, leaving a string of saliva connecting us. I stood in shock as he wipes his mouth with his thumb. He than looks over to the bustling street unbothered.
"It worked looks like he is gone. Lets proceed to the second route. They've caught on quickly to our directions it seems."
I nod as I take my sleeve to wipe away my mouth.
Who knew that jerk Mingi would be the one to take my first kiss.. I guess you can never tell whats going to happen with him. So unpredictable.. Mingi grabs my hand tightly and begins walking off into the alley way.
"You know Angel. You need to work on your skills.." he smirks.
"Pfft, How would I know? That was my first kiss." He stops to look to me raising a brow.
"Your kidding. I thought you and Yeosang kissed or something as kids. Or I thought maybe you ended up hooking up with Hongjoong since you two were so close."
"No! Hes only ever kissed me on the cheek. And No!! Me and Hongjoong barley even talk like you think we do..." I began blushing madly out of embarrassment.
"Huh. Interesting." Mingi says continuing to walk along the alley with me.
"Besides, You could have just stopped with a soft quick kiss. You didn't have to be so rough and long, I almost suffocated. ."
"That wouldn't be convincing enough.."
"Are you serious?!"
"Dead." I sighed loudly.
"Anyway, Turns out, I got information on Yunho after Lucas caught up with us."
"Like?"
"Yunho is...Yunho is helping search for us..."
My heart sinks. And My hands tighten around his.
"H-He's a traitor?"
"It seems like it."
"But-"
"Angel, he is a traitor. Probably ratted us out for the reward of his life. Now he back being a watch dog."
"Yunho wouldn't do that." I say shook. Mingi's face becomes soft looking at my distressed facials.
"I want to believe that too. But It really looks that way.." I looked down.
"Hey, brighten up. Unless you want me to kiss you in front of a bunch of people agian."
"Alright alright, I'll cheer up. " I say not ready to have him tournament me agian.
"Thats what I thought, lets get going." As he walks off along with me hand in hand like a kid. Quickly, while fast walking, he grabs the radio and begins speaking into it.
"We ran into Lucas and We have information on Yunho, Over."

Afterwards of walk several miles, we decided to take a cargo train thats headed far south. It was difficult getting in with out getting caught by guards. The train was old and clanky, and too tall for me to climb in. However, Mingi pulls me in shutting the door as quiet as he could. He sighs looking over to me.
"Get some rest or whatever."
"You need it more, you've been working all day."
"Can you handle Lucas or Yunho on your own?"
"No.."
"Than im not sleeping. I promised to keep you alive, and Im doing it."
"Why?"
He pauses looking down before speaking.
"Because we agreed on it when You screamed at me to kill you. Y- You reminded me of how helpless my little sister was when the LCV came out..Thats all im telling you."
"Aren't you still mad at me?.."
"I feel the need to kill you almost everyday... So kinda."
"Kinda?"
"Shut up. I've said to much. Go to sleep."
"Sure thing..." I rolled my eyes.

Mingi's PoV

The train ride was long. I couldn't help but sit and think to myself about all those reasons I could simply snap her neck. Yet I didn't move to profill that urge. My eyes drilled into her sleeping form grasping the fact of how sweet she looked curled up into ball like nothing was happening.
Angel shivered softly into her sleep indicating that she was cold. I clicked my tongue, rolled my eyes, and took off the jacket I was wearing to lay it on her.
Don't get me wrong I hate her. But would she really be faking things. Like the fact she doesn't know what was going on? Did they really give her drugs or not? My head spun until I felt arms wrap around my left arm. My face softens and I sigh at her. Its crazy how just the little things she does, like in this moment, are slowly making me rethink now and than..
"Angel." I whispered.
She didn't answer. I felt like shaking her awake but it also felt kinda wrong.. So I layed down facing the ceiling beside her. Within minutes, I felt a soft nudge against my left side and than arms slide against my chest.
"A-Angel..?" I whispered agian. And alike last time no answer..

Like that Im stuck in that position, with a girl I cant stand... We lay there for the next 8 hours sleeping until the train comes to a screeching stop waking us both up.
"M-Mingi-" Angel panics holding onto me.
"Shhh, The train just stopped. I guess that means we got to get going now."
"Okay.." As we started to slowly get things together we hear voices outside all around.

"CHECK EVERY FUCKING CONTAINER!" I look into the cracks to see a Blonde Yunho looking around blankly.
"Sir! We found something!" A gaurd comes up to Yunho with a screaming woman and a small crying sickly child.
"Well, what are you two doing. You know its against the law to be riding supply trains at anytime?" Yunho states.
"PLEASE! I NEEDED TO TRAVEL OUT THE DOCTORS IN DC WONT HELP MY SON. I ONLY WANTED TO FIND MY SON A PROPER DOCTOR IN WEST COAST!"
"Its still quite a crime.. I guess low classes are proned to that..huh?"
"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND-"
"Do what you will with them. I dont want to see them anymore. My eyes sting."
"Right away sir." A soldier says saluting to him.
"PLEASE LET US GO. HELLP THERE GOING TO KILL US."
The woman screamed out as she and the crying child are sent away.
"Officer Yunho sir! We have 4 containers left."
"Than hurry, I dont have all day."
"Right away sir."

As I peered out watching, Angel taps on me.
"Mingi, We need to get out."
"I know...but theres so many soliders."
"What are we going to do.."
"Thats what Im trying to figure out... Don't worry."
The door begans to shake indicating that someone was opening it. Angel hides behind me shaking grabbing on to my shirt.. What do I do?

And in an instant the door swings wide open..

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the late update college gets hella busy haha. Hope its not too bad.. I tried to get something out for those waiting! Please tell me what you think!!:) Anyway, please look forward to next chapter as I decide what to do...💀

~ @skzenie