𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

BROOKLYN had listened to Jim's new girlfriend call up to the office about a dozen times, and each time made her feel lonelier than the last. Sure, she and Jim weren't dating, she had no reign over the man. That didn't mean she didn't feel some sort of sick territorial feeling towards him. 'It's because we're friends and I don't want to see him get hurt' is what she always told herself, and if she kept repeating it to herself, maybe she'd believe it.

   Dwight watched Ryan leave Michael's office after an evaluation with jealousy very clear in his eyes.

   "Michael and I have a very special connection." Dwight started. "He's like Batman, I'm like Robin. He's like The Lone Ranger, I'm like Tonto. And it's not like there was The Lone Ranger and Tonto and Bonto."

   The day seemed to be a normal one before the blasting fire alarm went off. Dwight immediately jumped into action unofficially taking over for the actual safety officer, Angela. One by one the employees filed behind one another until Michael shoved his way through and out the building.

   "Yes, I was the first one out, and, yes, I've heard women and children first. But we do not employ children, we are not a sweatshop, thankfully." Michael defended, he now stood in front of his car, making sure the 'Mr. Scott Regional Manager' was in plain sight. "And women are equal in the workplace by law. So, I let them out first, and we've got a lawsuit on our hands."

   Brooklyn kicked her feet at some rubble with a loud sigh, before Dwight came rushing out the building out of breath, shirt damp, and holding a fire extinguisher.

   "Ok, guys listen up, we need a headcount. Ok, we need a count off, Michael's number one." He announced, Brooklyn glanced at him for a second before heading off to her truck.

   "Woah, hey, where you going?" Jim asked after stopping here with a hand wrapped around hers.

   "If you think I'm gonna stand around in heels for God knows how long, when there are perfectly good basketball shoes in my car, you've got another thing coming, Halpert." She explained, the man wordlessly let her go with his hands up in surrender.

   When she retrieved the shoes, she came back to the group playing a game of Desert Island led by Jim, it was Phyllis' turn.

   "Um, The Da Vinci Code-"

   "The Da Vinci Code." Angela parroted. "I would take The Da Vinci Code, so I could burn The Da Vinci Code."

   "Ok, great, that's gonna keep you warm for, like, seven seconds." Dwight commented. "Question, is there firewood on this island?"

   "I guess." Jim responded.

   "Then I would bring an axe, no books."

   "No, it has to be a book, Dwight."

   "Fine, Physicians Desk Reference."

   "Nice, smart."

   "Hollowed out. Inside, waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket, and... Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban." Everyone nodded at his choice, ready to move on. "Question, did my shoes come off in the plane crash?" They went around the group, the answers getting more questionable the more they went on, until they got to Brooklyn.

   "Three books, go." Jim pointed.

   "Um, Telltale Heart, The Great Gastby, and...."

   "C'mon think hard."

   "...and The Book Thief!" She got weird looks, her book selection seemed a little all over the place.

   "Ok, I thought people read more books." Jim nodded. "DVDs. Five movies, what would you bring to the island." Hands went up.