~Chapter 11- What's the point?~

It was so bright. Every time I opened my eyes I felt blinded. I blinked to get rid of the pain in my eyes. I leaned my head up with my eyes still closed. I felt warmth on my face. I opened my eyes and looked up, Leon standing over me.

I cleared my throat and blinked a few times.
"How long was I asleep?"
"It's only been fifteen minutes."

His hand was still on the side of my cheek. I moved my face away, not wanting him to touch me.
"What's wrong?"
"That's not how you treat a child is it?"
"Come on."
"No."
"Are you serious?"
"No are you serious?! You fucking over reacted to the max!"
"Listen, i'm-"
"No you're fucking not. You're not sorry. Just go. Finish what you were doing. Go wander around the fucking sewers trying to find a way to save your love."
"And who's that?"
"Ada."

He chuckled.
"You're jealous."
"I'm not."

I am.
"Yes you are. You're acting like this because i'm trying to save the woman who saved us?"
"We could've saved our damn selves."
"No we couldn't have."
"Yes we fucking could! She wants me to die!"
"No she doesn't. You're just-"
"Look at my pocket. Look in my fucking pocket and pull out the recorder. See what I picked up. She's not so fbi if she's going to leave evidence behind."
"What are you talking about?"
"Pull out the god damn recorder Leon!"

He kneeled down and pulled it out of my pocket.
"Press play."

He looked at it, flipping it in his hand.
"Play the fucking tape!"

He pressed the button and it started to play.
"You'll be alright."

There was a pause.
"But I hope you won't be."

She laughed.
"He doesn't want you sweetie. Who does?"

He looked at me. I looked at the ground.
"You're better off dead. Maybe I should kill her and make it look like she just died from getting shot."

I looked at Leon. He didn't look back.
"Wesker. What should I do?"

Silence.
"Keep her alive?! Why?! She's worthless!"

There was mumbling in the background.
"I can't use the virus on her. If I do that Leon will try to save her. If he tries to save her then his focus won't be on me. Then, he won't be able to get the virus for me."

She groaned.
"Why couldn't she just die after she got shot? This would make things much easier."

I looked at him.
"You believe me?"
"Shh."

She sighed.
"Maybe I can get Leon to kill her."

He scoffed.
"Never in your fucking life."

I just let my head hang.
"I'm sorry."
"I wish I believed you."
"You don't think i'm sorry?"
"What if you're in on it?"
"I was unconscious!"

I adjusted myself in the chair.
"Let me out of this shit."
"What if you leave?"
"Leave?"
"Obviously you really don't want to be here."
"No, I don't. But i'm not gonna fucking leave you with that chick by yourself."
"I won't let you leave either."

He kneeled down and started to unlock the cuffs. He handed mine back to me and put his in his holster. I stood up and stretched my legs.

I put my cuffs in my holster and looked at him. I started walking towards the door, maybe I could pretend to just go look for stuff but instead I leave.

He would do better off without me. He can say he won't but I know he will.

I turned the corner and looked around. The door still hadn't opened. I was waiting. When should I run for it? I'll find my way out eventually.